Home

A Few Changes For The Ground Game

This is a discussion on A Few Changes For The Ground Game within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2018, 03:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
A Few Changes For The Ground Game

Alrighty, so after playing the game a bit more and trying to work the grappling I have a few observations and suggestions for the ground game.

- Ground Blocking - So this one kind of had me stumped as to why it isn't in place. When postured up on an opponent the offensive fighter cannot block punches which seems peculiar. I can understand that it would play into the hands of the LnP guys but wouldn't creating a rule where a postured up fighter holding block cannot block a transition solve this? Would be interested in the comments on this one.

- Head movement - This is something that I really liked from UD3 and would love to see implemented in this game. A well timed sway should swing GA heavily in favour of the bottom fighter.

- Crucifix Position - I really like that the crucifix really feels like a strong position in this game and the strikes feel worthwhile. However, I do believe it should be a little harder to attain. Generally in order to secure the crucifix one would have to switch the legs to a position similar to side saddle before securing the arm (Unless you have a big ol' belly like Roy Nelson). I think making the crucifix only accessible through side saddle would make it more difficult to attain and justify the strength that the position currently holds.

- Referee Interactions - Currently every fight that is stopped on the ground due to strikes is done so by the other fighter being KO'd. Whilst there is no major issue with this it would be great to see the referee stop when a fighter isn't "intelligently defending". I think interactions in terms of standups (inactivity) are a must. When two high level grapplers face it can become stale as both are cancelling the other's transitions and neither fighter is letting the other up.

- Counter RNC - Last but not least i would like to see a counter to the roll to back from mount that results in A RNC being initiated. It was brought to light on the thread about the mount that a lot of fighters give up their back and neck when hurt and thus lose via submission rather than strikes. I think a counter to the back roll from mount would be a neat way to implement this.

As always, apologies for the long post.

Last edited by MadChendez; 02-11-2018 at 03:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2018, 03:35 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: A Few Changes For The Ground Game

I like the headmovement, i would like there to be more upper body movement on the ground. The counter rnc would be really cool to have but in that case there would have to be a couple of counter kimuras too, not just from the double leg td

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »