Home

Key Online Gameplay Changes To Make

This is a discussion on Key Online Gameplay Changes To Make within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2018, 09:43 AM   #17
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Key Online Gameplay Changes To Make

I'm actually a fan of this combo system --- well, certainly a bigger fan of it as compared to combo multiplier

I can envision a better system to handle combos but turning that into reality is obviously much more difficult haha
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 02-13-2018, 10:03 AM   #18
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

I'd just like to point out (as others have pointed out to me) that increasing the stamina drain on blocked strikes would be a huge buff to high block.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:09 AM   #19
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
I'd just like to point out (as others have pointed out to me) that increasing the stamina drain on blocked strikes would be a huge buff to high block.
Good point. Personally I've never seen the issue with stamina drain on blocked strikes. I'm not saying it isn't an issue but yeah. Is there any way to make the change to make those people happy but not buff high block? Because high block does not need any more buffs at all.

How come block wasn't only made strong when you first press it? Because to my understanding this was in FNC and a very good mechanic?

The stamina drain thing wouldn't be an issue then.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:11 AM   #20
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
Good point. Personally I've never seen the issue with stamina drain on blocked strikes. I'm not saying it isn't an issue but yeah. Is there any way to make the change to make those people happy but not buff high block? Because high block does not need any more buffs at all.

How come block wasn't only made strong when you first press it? Because to my understanding this was in FNC and a very good mechanic?

The stamina drain thing wouldn't be an issue then.
No, it was a bad mechanic.

People just got good at pumping block and made block super strong for every strike.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:58 AM   #21
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
I don't know if i agree GPD. We have guys coming forward throwing 100s of strikes per round and not missing a beat.

Stamina drain buff would force people to actually pick their shots. Also its not like we still have One Button Block. If someone is blocking high then the body is always open and vice versa. There would still be openings and this would put more emphasis on picking shots carefully as done IRL.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2018, 11:04 AM   #22
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

I disagree with the first point. If anything, block is too strong. We need incentive to attack it, not the other way around.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:10 AM   #23
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
I disagree with the first point. If anything, block is too strong. We need incentive to attack it, not the other way around.
yh spamming over 100 strikes at you without losing stamina and block being too strong need to get nerfed together.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:22 AM   #24
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
I think the main change needs to be an increase to permanent stamina loss from blocked shots. Not necessarily short-term stamina.

But that said, yes it would be a buff for high block

That's why I am also hoping that high block is nerfed a bit. Mostly by having power combos eat through block power much more quickly than they currently do.

Lead Uppercut; Rear Hook; Lead Hook; Rear Straight, as an example

ought to devastate high block much more than 1-2-1-2 or similar. They are shorter and more powerful strikes; and that particular combo mixes up straight and round strikes in a very smooth and varied manner. Start with an uppercut, which should chip away at least 20% of your block power itself; followed by two swift hooks; followed by a rear straight right down the middle as opponent is still recovering from consecutive left/right hooks and probably putting his ear muffs on

If we can get a large buff on the block breaking of uppercuts in particular, that may really help bring down the "OPness" of high block.

another idea ---- the 'recharge' of block has a longer delay. So it takes a couple seconds to begin recharging your high block, then a couple more seconds to actually charge up, rather than a near insta-recharge as we have now

Trust me I want to nerf high block some too But the stamina issue is just as bad and maybe worse :/

But overall ---- if a fighter throws 120 strikes/80 sig strikes in the first round --- I dodge 30% of them; block 30% of them; and 40% land, mostly to the head --- and i'm judicious in my output --- I should have quite a nice stamina advantage as we head into round 2.

As it stands now, they can keep up that kind of output for 2+ rounds before starting to feel the effects of missing 60%+ of their strikes and throwing 100+ strikes/round (mostly sig strikes at that).

Maybe that's OK in Bantamweight or Fly or Straw --- but I've seen this happen in MW and LHW
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

Last edited by Boiler569; 02-13-2018 at 11:28 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »