Home

Ranked Mirror Fights

This is a discussion on Ranked Mirror Fights within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2018, 06:28 PM   #9
MVP

Trillz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ranked Mirror Fights

let us ban 1 fighter in each weight class before joining in. PPl may be tired fighting DJ or gsp over and over.
Old 02-12-2018, 06:47 PM   #10
Banned

There's nothing more immersion breaking in this game than mirror matches. It's not *put controller down and let them KO me* bad bc I do sort of care about my W/L, but it's terrible nonetheless. Every single time, literally 100% of occasions, I wish I'd have cut the game off instead of getting a mirror match.

Quick matches aren't a suitable substitute because there's nothing stopping someone from quitting at will mid-match. Literally 100% of the time, I'd have no problem picking a different fighter if it meant avoiding a mirror match.

But I don't have that option because the picks are blind to prevent some abstract problem that isn't even a big deal in the few occasions where it'd occur, because of systems already in place (relatively balanced roster + 60sec clock).

I wish we'd try out non-blind picking for a patch or 2 to see if those "omg noooo they'll counterpick me!!" worries are reason enough to revert back to an arguably (and I would argue it) worse system of blind picking.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:02 PM   #11
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

what makes me mad is going out of my way to pick a low rated fighter and i still get a mirror fight.

Ughhhhhh...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2018, 08:10 PM   #12
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Well that's what happens when you constantly pick top fighters or the champs all the time. I wish EA had it like UD though where you can see who your opponents pick. Hiding picks won't change anything. Ppl will stick pick champs or top fighters regardless of if they could see your pick or not. But at least showing picks would encourage some to pick other fighters. But yh I can't stand mirror matches either.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:23 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kush land
This is just ridiculous why can't we see who there picking? fighting the same guy is so annoying will someone please explain why we cant see the other fighter. Id also like 2 see there record

I'd love to see a way to avoid mirror matches, or make fighter selection more transparent without increasing back-outs. I think it's doable, but seeing records/gamertags will destroy the game.

Why would you even want to see your opponent's record? The only thing seeing records does is it encourages people to duck players with good records.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-12-2018, 08:30 PM   #14
Banned

Good way to fix mirror matches without increasing players backing out:

Let players select at least two fighters in each weight division they're totally fine with using. If the game detects you and your opponent picked the same fighter, it automatically switches your fighter to one of your back ups.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-12-2018, 08:51 PM   #15
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
what makes me mad is going out of my way to pick a low rated fighter and i still get a mirror fight.

Ughhhhhh...
Last two times I've seen you - Werdum and Cain lol

Both great fights. Shouldn't have went for that damn sub. I know why you pick Cain my bruduh and I'm all over it lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2018, 12:32 AM   #16
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

I've never seen a HW move as fast as Cain moves across the octagon for a double leg. It's like he transforms into a Lamborghini temporarily.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »