Home

Ranked Mirror Fights

This is a discussion on Ranked Mirror Fights within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2018, 02:24 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Ranked Mirror Fights

Make it togglable like how in unranked you can choose 3rds or 5, caf or no caf. If given the choice I'd never, ever have a mirror match. I honestly have 0 fun playing them. 0 fun. Absolute chore to get through them, and that's never an indication of good game design.

Last edited by irdc; 02-17-2018 at 02:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2018, 03:30 PM   #26
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

As I said I pick Big Nog and have had 1 (maybe 2) mirror matches in 300 fights.
Old 02-17-2018, 04:08 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
As I said I pick Big Nog and have had 1 (maybe 2) mirror matches in 300 fights.
This has literally no impact on anyone wanting an option to avoid mirror fights. Everyone understands WHY we get mirror fights.
Old 02-17-2018, 04:13 PM   #28
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal7_11
This has literally no impact on anyone wanting an option to avoid mirror fights. Everyone understands WHY we get mirror fights.
Well then find a character that fits your style that isn't the best in each weightclass. Or find a weightclass that isn't so top heavy.

At Heavyweight there are several viable options to pick.

Cain, JDS, Werdum, Overeem, Stipe, Cormier, Francis. . . even Hunt and Nog in the right hands

Several guys you can choose from an dominate fights with. If you're complaining that you have to resort to using the best fighters to maintain skill parity then you simply need to get better at the game itself.

Also if you're annoyed by going up against the same fighters then recognize how you're contributing to that cesspool mentality as well.
Old 02-17-2018, 04:21 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Well then find a character that fits your style that isn't the best in each weightclass. Or find a weightclass that isn't so top heavy.

At Heavyweight there are several viable options to pick.

Cain, JDS, Werdum, Overeem, Stipe, Cormier, Francis. . . even Hunt and Nog in the right hands

Several guys you can choose from an dominate fights with. If you're complaining that you have to resort to using the best fighters to maintain skill parity then you simply need to get better at the game itself.

Also if you're annoyed by going up against the same fighters then recognize how you're contributing to that cesspool mentality as well.
Jeez you’re a strange one aren’t you. You use just one unpopular (on this game) fighter, that’s good for you. But unsurprisingly not everyone is the same!

I’ll jump on ranked and use 10 different fighters (of all abilities) in a session and I couldn’t care less about winning or losing I just want a competitive game without the stupidity of fighting the same fighter!
Old 02-17-2018, 04:24 PM   #30
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal7_11
Jeez you’re a strange one aren’t you. You use just one unpopular (on this game) fighter, that’s good for you. But unsurprisingly not everyone is the same!

I’ll jump on ranked and use 10 different fighters (of all abilities) in a session and I couldn’t care less about winning or losing I just want a competitive game without the stupidity of fighting the same fighter!
I'm telling you why it shouldn't be that way. Someone wants to play with a supreme attribute advantage as well then they have the right to. That shouldn't prevent you from ever matching up with them.
Old 02-17-2018, 04:35 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
I'm telling you why it shouldn't be that way. Someone wants to play with a supreme attribute advantage as well then they have the right to. That shouldn't prevent you from ever matching up with them.
Again, I fully understand the situation. But it really wouldn’t hurt to have the option to avoid these scenarios would it?

If the matchmaking was the same as quick match, I.E you can see what fighter your opponent is using, then you at least have the option to change your fighter. Even is someone picked the fighter I was intending on using I would change my fighter 100% of the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2018, 06:00 PM   #32
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Double Confirmation would be the best answer to this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »