Home

Do you regret your purchase?

This is a discussion on Do you regret your purchase? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 04:25 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Do you regret your purchase?

no. the game turns me off for a few days every now and then but i've already gotten my $80 worth with 170 fights online. i'm sure i'll end up with over 1000 (hell maybe go way over with this pace, i only had like 900 on ufc 2 but i had that for xbox which i shared with roomates while ps4 is mine only)

there is a lot of good things about this game already and patches are coming. i've gotten a lot better already

Last edited by Stunna2006; 02-13-2018 at 04:31 AM.
Old 02-13-2018, 05:53 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

I feel its getting worse instead of better. I definitely wouldnt buy it. its a beta

AND its really UFC 2.5 they olny changed part of the game. I guess what ruins it for me is delay.
And EACanada did it to themselves.
They made FNC and that game is like 2 times faster response (every move works) and its 10 years old. That Game set the Bar

Now UFC we are filling up circles and such delay in striking and defending its sad.
Why not have a onesided preemptive denial. (so the moves work) if you guess the wrong way the guy escapes or transistions. whats so hard about that. instead Windows combined with delay equals you know hes going left and cant deny OOPS YOU MISSED THE WINDOW lol
Old 02-13-2018, 06:09 AM   #19
Rookie

i dont agree with anything you just said. this game just doesnt allow you to ignore any aspects of mma. the flaws are massively over exaggerated on here. i've beat conor with takedowns and wearing him down, i've beat cormier by being ready for takedowns. i think what makes people mad is not being able to rely on one thing to win a fight. last year i won 75% of my fights with ground game, now i have to do more to set it up (body shots) but its still there and is still how i get most of my Ws
Old 02-13-2018, 10:11 AM   #20
Rookie

I'm really enjoying it, Online play at high levels has its flaws but every online game takes a few months to balance nowadays but regardless of that most of my online fights are fun and i have easily gotten my money's worth already. I really enjoyed the career the first time, may not be replayable too many times but i understand most people dont complete the career in 3 days or so and it can take them weeks or months to do, so the replayability wont be as much an issue if u dont play too often
Old 02-13-2018, 10:18 AM   #21
MVP

Nope. the game is huge fun. that's all. worth it. i don't want to wait til 3~4 months for the price drop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2018, 10:20 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
Nope. the game is huge fun. that's all. worth it. i don't want to wait til 3~4 months for the price drop.

that too. i'm a big mlb the show player and i've learned from experience by the time the price drop hits you are sooo behind the curve its crazy
Old 02-13-2018, 10:31 AM   #23
Rookie

WatchMeDrive's Arena

I regret my purchase for sure. I only ever play offline and the AI is boring to play against. Every AI fighter does the same 3 things: spam body kicks, check all leg kicks, and spam ground transitions. One of the most unintelligent AIs I've ever played against in this era of sports games.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:15 AM   #24
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Naw don't regret it at all

I've already put in 20+ hours so for $3/hour ---- pretty legit lol

I am slightly burned-out with online play right now but really have faith that future patches will make this game much much better.

At launch UFC 2 was pretty garbage; but it got turned into a relatively fun and well balanced game after a few patches.

At launch UFC 3 is a pretty fun game with just a few cheesy/gimmicky issues --- a really good foundation IMO --- so if the first few patches are as legit as the first few for UFC 2 were, I think it'll definitely be worth picking up if people haven't already

(P.S. this is with respect to online gaming only ---- not sure how career mode is; I will say unless it's way better than last year's, if you are buying just for career mode and don't care about online .... you may want to wait until it's discounted ... but hey maybe career mode is legit this time around?)
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »