Home

Sway And Pray. Let's Talk About This.

This is a discussion on Sway And Pray. Let's Talk About This. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2018, 06:21 PM   #57
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Guard breaks and head movement changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
Yeah, I've had that experience too, could've been lag though, even if I doubt it.
From the testing I've done, you cannot get the transitions in before the elbow after the power slam to side control.

It's since been fixed on my build, so I cannot confirm if the sprawl transition somehow got around that, I only tested with the guard transition before fixing it.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:25 PM   #58
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
From the testing I've done, you cannot get the transitions in before the elbow after the power slam to side control.

It's since been fixed on my build, so I cannot confirm if the sprawl transition somehow got around that, I only tested with the guard transition before fixing it.
Pretty sure it didn't as I've tried it before and been KO'd. Dem GSP players lol.

There was one time when someone did it and I managed to get to sprawl though. Not sure why exactly. Maybe my fighter had a high heart rating or something.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:25 PM   #59
MVP

But I thought we couldn't question that guy on anything related to grappling? Hmmmm.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:28 PM   #60

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Relaxed Guy
I'm positive. If I say something about the grappling, it's fact. Don't question it.
Drop the attitude.

And as long as it's done the right way, users can question whatever they want to question.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:59 PM   #61
Banned

If I'm wrong about the elbow exploit, I apologize. From my testing, the transition to sprawl (not half guard) protects you from the elbow.

Not a transition fake - but an immediate and fully committed transition to sprawl immediately after the slam.

Again, if I'm wrong I apologize. With everyone saying otherwise I'll have to double check.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2018, 10:50 PM   #62
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Sway And Pray. Let's Talk About This.

Okay so currently the game is a sway and pray fest in ranked. There are occasionally realistic fights but yeah. The reason this happens is because counter uppercuts and hooks do a ton of damage and are very easy to land. This kind of fight can be forced on anyone and you have no choice but to play this way if your opponent chooses to.

Some ideas have been discussed on this board that I think could indirectly stop this from happening but I just want to make sure that it's known that this criticism of the game is very real.

I'm in a top 100 community on PS4 and despite them being the best players... they don't like it either. It's very luck based. A lot of us like the game a lot when it's played realistically but those fights are few and far between right now.

I'm hoping that block not being as OP can help this aspect of the game but I'm not totally convinced it'll be enough.

Can we maybe discuss ideas on how to stop this being the current meta? Because it really, really needs to change. And what's going to happen is the people who don't play at the top level are soon going to find this out too (as it takes time for things to trickle down).

I hope that this problem is a priority for the gamechangers and developers as it's really taking the fun and skill out of the game.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:54 PM   #63
MVP

Re: Sway And Pray. Let's Talk About This.

Those ducking uppercuts are sway and pray, but they don't even need to pray.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:57 PM   #64
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Re: Sway And Pray. Let's Talk About This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
Those ducking uppercuts are sway and pray, but they don't even need to pray.
You can sway and hook someone ducking and uppercutting. You can also sway/uppercut them.

This is 80% of the stand up in division 5. Alternating between different combinations of sways/ducks and hooks/uppercuts. You cannot outside fight against someone doing this. They will catch and KO you if you don't KO them first with a counter upper/hook.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »