Home

10 Missed Imanari Rolls In A Row --- No Stamina Loss?

This is a discussion on 10 Missed Imanari Rolls In A Row --- No Stamina Loss? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2018, 09:50 AM   #1
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

OVR: 0
10 Missed Imanari Rolls In A Row --- No Stamina Loss?

Had a really lame fight last night against someone who shall only be known as Glitcher

His first act of cowardice was faking touch gloves and going for an Imanari roll --- I was Eddie Alvarez he was Ferg ---

Luckily I backed away just in time.

He then proceeded to attempt 9 more Imanari rolls, with a few missed takedowns in-between.

After flopping around for most of the first round I take a look at his stamina --- and to my amazement (NOT) he still has a massive amount of it.

I end up winning the first round b/c I leg kicked him a couple times each time he went to the floor.

Second Round --- he mostly gives up on the Imanari roll stuff but had to have done it at least 3 times.

I actually make a huge mistake and follow him to the ground after knocking him down. I really thought I was going to get the finish the fight GnP but he recovered.

I was in Side Control and attempted to Stand Up (i.e. hit L1 + Up on R-Stick to stand up from side control. An unblockable stand-up).

He was able to use one of the BJJ Transitions to put me directly from side control into his guard. Even though I was holding Stand Up from side control (after just knocking him down mind you). His "Major Transition" from Submissive Side Control beat out my "Stand Up" from Side Control Dominant.

A bit weird but hey maybe Ferg's bottom game is that good.

He puts me in rubber guard. Spams rubber guard. Luckily I've faced rubber guard spammers like this and am able to deny it after a couple of times. Second round ends.

Although he's now had to have missed 14 Imanari rolls and a half dozen takedowns, and I've worked the body a bit with knees, his stamina is still quite healthy. Especially is "Grappling Stamina".

Third round. I deny a few takedown attempts. Little to no impact on his stamina. I finally sprawl out and decide to take his back. He was able to turn and I'm in side control.

I DENY his BJJ Transition from side control to guard. I then try to stand-up from side control. But he does a SECOND BJJ Transition and puts me into rubber guard. Somehow his second BJJ transition --- milliseconds after having the 1st one denied --- beats out my stand-up from side control?

?? lol

Maybe it was lag idk

I ended up beating this guy 29-28 on the cards but it was veryyyy close

and it never should have been. He had no skill, all glitch.

Why....please tell me whyyyyy.....can someone attempt 15+ Imanari Rolls and 15+ Takedowns in 3 rounds and still have enough gas in the tank to pull off some of the stuff I said above?

*sigh* lol

I'm not saying I want TDs nerfed!!!! I want them buffed. But then, AFTER they are buffed, in terms of effectiveness/etc., I want *MISSED* TDs to really burn stamina. Especially if it was a 'struggle takedown'. Especially if there were 15 of them missed, plus an additional 15 Imanari rolls missed

Oh and I forgot the 5 submission attempts he did, none of which got past 2 gates, those didn't burn his stamina either lol
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

Last edited by Boiler569; 02-14-2018 at 09:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2018, 10:19 AM   #2
Pro

Re: 10 Missed Imanari Rolls In A Row --- No Stamina Loss?

There is a huge issue with all failed takedowns not depleting stamina. Which is massively disappointing considering how much it was talked about between ufc2 and the lead up to this game.

I mean you see it happen almost every single event. Someone shooting and shooting and shooting for takedowns and gassing out. Almost every single weekend you will see it in at least one fight.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-14-2018, 10:44 AM   #3
MVP

yeah. its terrible. There was similar issue in ea ufc2, not the same but there's lack of stamina loss when missed, failed submission attempt. Sub spamming.
Old 02-14-2018, 10:51 AM   #4
Rookie

would be nice to have higher stamina loss for attacker in subs the longer it go's into the sub as its quite common for a fighter to burn out his arms or legs when trying to finish an opponent. the same as takedowns where u can have varying degrees off stamina loss depending on if you push them off straight away or they get deeper into the takedown before denying. altho the later may drain stamina of defender aswell a little bit as it takes some more energy to defend them than just shoving someone off

Last edited by Sivo; 02-14-2018 at 10:53 AM.
Old 02-14-2018, 11:25 AM   #5
Rookie

I think i played this same guy. Did at least 20 imanari rolls with a few TD and clinch attempts in between. I won the decision based on him basically just falling over most the match but it was annoying. I also noticed it had no impact on his stamina but that would be exhausting IRL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2018, 12:54 PM   #6
Banned

Pre deny- registers as a failed TD
Deny after they've grabbed you - registers as a successful takedown
Don't deny- registers as both a successful takedown and submission attempt

The stamina drain is non existent because those aren't even failed attempts. It drains even less of their stamina if you pre deny them. It all seems rather broken.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:15 PM   #7
Rookie

youre going to upset the clinch and takedown crew with posts like this.

But yeah how grappling has no impact on stamina bug or otherwise is kinda crazy.
Youtube
Twitch
Old 02-14-2018, 02:31 PM   #8
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaccaC
youre going to upset the clinch and takedown crew with posts like this.

But yeah how grappling has no impact on stamina bug or otherwise is kinda crazy.
hahaha

the ironic part is I WANT Ground and Clinch to have a bigger role in this game, just in a balanced way --- and yea this isn't balanced (or even fun?) just dumb lol
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »