Home

Finish the fight , online vs offline

This is a discussion on Finish the fight , online vs offline within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2018, 12:04 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Finish the fight , online vs offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyonelover
Maybe were getting lost in translation perhaps you can post a vid , because I’m specifically speaking about the opponent cradle on his side.... and you’re able to pounce on him?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I get Armbars and occasionally arm triangles from that position all the time offline.

I don't think the AI has done it to me but I may not have fought one that had them that got me in.a FTF state.

But I get them all the time.
Tony Ferguson has several. Including armbar/armtriangle from the side control foetal (the one your referring too)

You can also catch guillotines and RNCs if they go to the FTF on all fours position.

But they are absolutely and utterly 100% in offline.

You chances of getting a walkoff KO quadruple if your landing sway counters on a gassed or hurt AI, try to just drop it with a head kick when its at low head health or after a few alert KDs drop it with a light boxing combo and make sure not to hit it on the way down and it should go to a FTF position.

Either way, I get then all the time. So they're definitely there. And not broken.
Old 02-16-2018, 12:18 AM   #10
MVP

I agree Tkos should be more common.

Almost every finish in this game is a clean walk away KO.
Old 02-16-2018, 12:36 AM   #11
Rookie

i hate walkaway
that just make this game Boring
and can't enjoy KO physics animations
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2018, 08:13 AM   #12
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
I get Armbars and occasionally arm triangles from that position all the time offline.

I don't think the AI has done it to me but I may not have fought one that had them that got me in.a FTF state.

But I get them all the time.

Tony Ferguson has several. Including armbar/armtriangle from the side control foetal (the one your referring too)

You can also catch guillotines and RNCs if they go to the FTF on all fours position.

But they are absolutely and utterly 100% in offline.

You chances of getting a walkoff KO quadruple if your landing sway counters on a gassed or hurt AI, try to just drop it with a head kick when its at low head health or after a few alert KDs drop it with a light boxing combo and make sure not to hit it on the way down and it should go to a FTF position.

Either way, I get then all the time. So they're definitely there. And not broken.

Thanks I’ll try it again it’s just strange I haven’t been able to replicate it but I still hate the walk away kO”s

Old 02-16-2018, 09:24 AM   #13
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
I’ve been complaining quite a bit of the TKO scenarios and finish the fight submissions , today I’ve played quite a bit online and I noticed for the first time I seen more ground and pound TKO and for the first time noticed a submission opportunity ..... NOTE: I mean when the down opponent lays on his side in the cradle position.....with that being said I still don’t think they happen as often as they should but they don’t exist off-line, and if they do they are super rare I think they need to be amplified and both modes has anyone else noticed the discrepancies a finishing fights offline versus online??
Is this an AI issue this skynet needs to address .. because online seems to slightly favor these opportunities?

I've gone through the 'recovery' finish the fight sequence (cradled position) a few dozen times online and have seen the same thing each time lol so is this feature not working online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerdBrown
Let it be as it is. Less violent. UFC 2 makes us gamers looks sadists.
aren't we though?

especially this community lol ---
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

Last edited by Boiler569; 02-16-2018 at 09:26 AM.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:27 AM   #14
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
I've gone through the 'recovery' finish the fight sequence (cradled position) a few dozen times online and have seen the same thing each time lol so is this feature not working online?

aren't we though?

especially this community lol ---

Do you play off-line and if you do have you been able to initiate the sequence?
Like I said I must be doing something wrong because I have yet to see it once???

Old 02-16-2018, 09:36 AM   #15
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Do you play off-line and if you do have you been able to initiate the sequence?
Like I said I must be doing something wrong because I have yet to see it once???

well I've played a couple dozen of the Single Player Ultimate Team Matches not sure if that counts as offline haha

A few quick matches too

but yea I have not really played much offline at all. Maybe I just button mash For The Kill too quickly?

I've also not recovered from a FTF sequence, probably been taken out a dozen times by it without being able to get up by wiggling the sticks or whatever lol

I used to be able to do it in UFC 2 so I (think?) I know what i'm doing
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2018, 12:02 PM   #16
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27

Do you have to approach their body from a certain angle? Hold L2? I've played hours and hours against the AI and have never even gotten a prompt for one of these submissions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »