Home

Finish the fight , online vs offline

This is a discussion on Finish the fight , online vs offline within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2018, 12:29 PM   #17
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Finish the fight , online vs offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
I get Armbars and occasionally arm triangles from that position all the time offline.

I don't think the AI has done it to me but I may not have fought one that had them that got me in.a FTF state.

But I get them all the time.
Tony Ferguson has several. Including armbar/armtriangle from the side control foetal (the one your referring too)

You can also catch guillotines and RNCs if they go to the FTF on all fours position.

But they are absolutely and utterly 100% in offline.

You chances of getting a walkoff KO quadruple if your landing sway counters on a gassed or hurt AI, try to just drop it with a head kick when its at low head health or after a few alert KDs drop it with a light boxing combo and make sure not to hit it on the way down and it should go to a FTF position.

Either way, I get then all the time. So they're definitely there. And not broken.
Just had one against Choi using Aldo on Hard.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:55 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think walk off knockouts are a nice addition to this game as opposed to ufc 2 but they happen far to often. Like I've said before in other threads it should be split 70% of the time u could finish the fight via tko and 30% walk off!! Or 60%-40% That would be more realistic. I think its stupid that in a mma game when I knock someone down I can't jump on them and try to finish the fight thats a big part of the sport and should be implemented asap!!! But instead you can knockdown your opponent 7-8 times in a round and wait for him to get up to land a ko strike! At the end of the day its a mma game not kickboxing there is no 10 count I should be able to attack when my opponent when they are down and stunned.
Old 02-16-2018, 11:51 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Just had one against Choi using Aldo on Hard.
Ah, cool! Thanks.

I figured they'd do it and I just hadn't had it happen to me, but cheers for confirming.
Old 02-16-2018, 11:58 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowingForVengeance
Do you have to approach their body from a certain angle? Hold L2? I've played hours and hours against the AI and have never even gotten a prompt for one of these submissions.
Nope, nothing special, let's say your Tony Ferguson, and you knock them down into the side control foetal FTF position, when you jump on them to strike, the grapple HUD will pop up with Armbar<- * ->Arm Triangle.

You don't need to press anything. Just jump on them, and it'll be there if your in the right position and the fighter has the sub.

I press strike once to engage into the FTF. nd while that animation is playing I'm literally hold RS+Left which will make you jump directly into the armbar before the prompt even appears.

If you have two controllers. Use T-ferg and keep dropping the other fighter until you get a severe knockdown (the one where you can jump on them to finish with strikes) and jump on them and the prompt will appear.

Maybe you just haven't got the right position? Dunno, but Tony 100% has those two from the Side Control Foetal position (for lack of a better positional name haha)

Hope this helps.
Old 02-17-2018, 04:58 AM   #21
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Maybe people tend to end up in FTF more, because they tend to get knockedown by being block broken more often than the AI level you're playing against. And now that you mentioned it, I think I recall a bit of pattern in more walk-out KOs vs the AI.

I don't think the pattern (if it's really there) is a problem, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
Nope, nothing special, let's say your Tony Ferguson, and you knock them down into the side control foetal FTF position, when you jump on them to strike, the grapple HUD will pop up with Armbar<- * ->Arm Triangle.

You don't need to press anything. Just jump on them, and it'll be there if your in the right position and the fighter has the sub.

I press strike once to engage into the FTF. nd while that animation is playing I'm literally hold RS+Left which will make you jump directly into the armbar before the prompt even appears.

If you have two controllers. Use T-ferg and keep dropping the other fighter until you get a severe knockdown (the one where you can jump on them to finish with strikes) and jump on them and the prompt will appear.

Maybe you just haven't got the right position? Dunno, but Tony 100% has those two from the Side Control Foetal position (for lack of a better positional name haha)

Hope this helps.
Are the FTF submissions always left? I have the impression that they're at least always to some side. I wish they were all UP.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »