Home

The clinch in EA UFC 3 vs the clinch in real life

This is a discussion on The clinch in EA UFC 3 vs the clinch in real life within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2018, 08:37 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
The clinch in EA UFC 3 vs the clinch in real life

The clinch, as it currently sits, made sense in UFC 2 since the striking was much less dangerous. But even then, the clinch engagement animation was silly and unrealistic.

When they revamped the striking for UFC 3, they should have made a point to incorporate more takedown to clinch animations and clinch tie-ups during exchanges. Basically change the way players enter the clinch to reflect real life MMA.

Right now, you’re much better shooting for a takedown, since the takedown engagement animation allows you to stand out of striking range.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-19-2018, 08:47 AM   #18
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

Re: The clinch in EA UFC 3 vs the clinch in real life

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonVegaSuarez
I agree. Fights between fighters, especially lower level, often end up in the clinch because fighters simply collide when striking. It should be way easier to get into the clinch. I don't know, maybe make it easier to clinch but also easier to get out of it. It's not a stationary thing, in reality fighters constantly move and work. At least usually.

I hate that getting the clinch even with fighters like Khabib or Maia is so damn hard. The attempt just has no reach at all and gets denied way too easily. I'd like to be able to get more clinch takedowns instead of shooting for singles or doubles all the time.

In easier clinch especially against the cage would be nice however the clinch in the middle of the octagon should be easier to get out of then , The strike interruption during transition seems very very unrealistic , The holds in the clinch should be stamina based!
Depending on your stamina should determine how long you can have the hold and releases upon certain stamina threshold , unless you’re against the cage which gives you leverage in which fighters use to pin the opponents, they should be harder to escape!

Old 02-19-2018, 01:19 PM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Relaxed Guy
If your opponents back is near the cage, you can shoot a double leg and go straight to double underhooks. Works real well if your opponent keeps stuffing your takedowns. When they defend the TD and you drive them into the cage, press the RS towards them and go straight into double unders.

This is extremely dangerous as most people can attempt a guillotine from the double leg against the cage and the person shooting loses half of their stamina
Old 02-26-2018, 09:18 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExOicho
This is extremely dangerous as most people can attempt a guillotine from the double leg against the cage and the person shooting loses half of their stamina

Naw. I'm pretty sure the double underhooks transition gets priority, and even with low stamina from a failed shot I get it every time. No one knows how to deny it.

In the off chance they pop off the guillotine before you transition, just slap an RT+down on that bitch and resume the grind.

Old 02-26-2018, 09:49 PM   #21
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Relaxed Guy
Naw. I'm pretty sure the double underhooks transition gets priority, and even with low stamina from a failed shot I get it every time. No one knows how to deny it.

In the off chance they pop off the guillotine before you transition, just slap an RT+down on that bitch and resume the grind.

Same for single leg correct?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2018, 06:17 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Same for single leg correct?

I don't think I've attempted a single leg since release day when I discovered they cover 5.07 inches of distance.

But I think so.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »