Home

Is UFC 2 officially abandoned by EA now?

This is a discussion on Is UFC 2 officially abandoned by EA now? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2018, 12:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is UFC 2 officially abandoned by EA now?

I`ve spent a a good 10 hours on the game over the last few weeks, and I`ve noticed that there hasnt been any event packs in UT since Jacare vs Brunson 2. Since then there has been 3 more events and another one upcoming this weekend. So my guess is that there wont be any more event packs ever again.

But I must say that UFC 2 is still very much alive and kicking, plenty of people online and I have to admit that I`m still having a blast. Yea sure, the game is old, everything in terms of gameplay and strategies has been explored, nothing new under the sun there. But damn, I still cant get enough of the KO animations, just the weight of the impact and how the opponent reacts to a perfectly executed left uppercut into a heavy rear overhand. Blows anything that I have seen from UFC 3 gameplay out of the water. I must have knocked thousands of guys out and its still just as satisfying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2018, 01:00 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Is UFC 2 officially abandoned by EA now?

I would think so.

But at least the online servers still work. I think even the servers for EA UFC 1 are still up, but would need confirmation.
Old 02-24-2018, 01:45 PM   #3
Banned

I mean, why would they really be bothering to out new content in an old game at this point?

It's also crazy to me that you think KOs are more satisfying in that game, people can eat hundreds of significant strikes and not go down.
Old 02-24-2018, 02:06 PM   #4
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Keeping the servers up is all I care about. You can't expect them to support UFC 2 UT now with a new game to siphon people's money from.
Old 02-24-2018, 02:11 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExOicho
I mean, why would they really be bothering to out new content in an old game at this point?

It's also crazy to me that you think KOs are more satisfying in that game, people can eat hundreds of significant strikes and not go down.
I dont expect them to, just wanted some confirmation. I mean, as I write this reply there are 9000 players online and obviously EA would like all of them to play the new game.

I`m not talking about the gameplay regarding KO`s, I`m talking about the animations, the sense of weight, impact and the physics involved in how a KO is represented in both games. UFC 2 does it way better, hands down.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »