Home

Divisions 5 and 6 in a nutshell (I need help)

This is a discussion on Divisions 5 and 6 in a nutshell (I need help) within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2018, 07:57 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Divisions 5 and 6 in a nutshell (I need help)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExOicho
You mention Maia being able to KO people regardless of his bad stats, and how stats don't matter as much in the stand up as skill.

That's true, but it's a misleading mindset I think.

The ground is the way it is because it's essentially a minigame full of 50/50 or in some cases 25/25/25/25 positions. The stand up has a lot more variables in it, and way more opportunities to deal damage. Obviously, grappling in the game reflects far less of real life grappling than stand up does to real life stand up technique.

I think attributes have to matter a lot and with this ground system, it really should be the way it is. Why? Because on the ground, the more skilled fighter almost always wins. Compare the idea of a "lucky" submission to a lucky punch, for example. It's a lot harder to get "lucky" on the ground, and the stats for grappling DO need to be more concrete. A high level top game should be directly translating into it being extremely ****ing hard to do stuff from the bottom. It's frustrating, but that's the nature of being on the bottom to begin with, and once the takedown mechanics are actually somewhat legitimate this won't be nearly as much of an issue.
I completely understand what you are saying here. Again, I'm not trying to give the advantage to stand up players and make it so that the wrestlers/grapplers in the game don't reflect their real life counterparts. The original intent of this thread was to point out the ducking take down cheese being exploited at the highest levels. But, as the game is right now, it's incredibly easy to win with GSP, Romero, Khabib, and whoever else who is a god on the ground because of the duck and stat advantages (8 out of the top 10 players in Ranked use grapplers/wrestlers). I'll be straight up honest and say that GSP is OP in my opinion, like so OP it's not even fair to go against with him a striker/brawler. His perks make his ground game stupid hard to defend, and for the player using him it's too easy to finish from mount with those hook punches, or get crucifix to deny a few transitions and spam elbows. With a 99 TD it's inevitable that you'll be taken down, especially with the duck BS.

But yes, once the take downs actually make sense in this game then it might be LESS of an issue but since the ground game is static and stats make the major difference, the main top players will continue to dominate with GSP/Khabib/Romero/Cain, etc...

Last edited by Paledude45; 02-26-2018 at 08:20 PM.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:25 PM   #58
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paledude45
I completely understand what you are saying here. Again, I'm not trying to give the advantage to stand up players and make it so that the wrestlers/grapplers in the game don't reflect their real life counterparts. The original intent of this thread was to point out the ducking take down cheese being exploited at the highest levels. But, as the game is right now, it's incredibly easy to win with GSP, Romero, Khabib, and whoever else who is a god on the ground because of the duck and stat advantages (8 out of the top 10 players in Ranked use grapplers/wrestlers). I'll be straight up honest and say that GSP is OP in my opinion, like so OP it's not even fair to go against with him a striker/brawler. His perks make his ground game stupid hard to defend, and for the player using him it's too easy to finish from mount with those hook punches, or get crucifix to deny a few transitions and spam elbows. With a 99 TD it's inevitable that you'll be taken down, especially with the duck BS.

But yes, once the take downs actually make sense in this game then it might be LESS of an issue but since the ground game is static and stats make the major difference, the main top players will continue to dominate with GSP/Khabib/Romero/Cain, etc...
I think GSP is balanced largely because his submissions aren't very strong and his chin honestly kind of sucks compared to lots of others in the division.

I think it's hard to balance GSP considering he outclassed people everywhere he went in a fight, but yeah I think we're largely on the same page otherwise
Old 02-26-2018, 08:41 PM   #59
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
I think GSP is balanced largely because his submissions aren't very strong and his chin honestly kind of sucks compared to lots of others in the division.

I think it's hard to balance GSP considering he outclassed people everywhere he went in a fight, but yeah I think we're largely on the same page otherwise
He has a 93 sub offense. That's high. One point behind Nick Diaz... Which is not true to life at all. Nick hasn't always been able to submit wrestlers with strong top control but he certainly has submissions that are significantly better than GSP.

I'm not getting into this debate about GSP again haha but he's the Jon Jones of this game. It shouldn't be that way. GSP is not even top 10 p4p right now. It's possible that he could be. But I doubt it.

He ran from MW because he knows the top 5 would all be very rough fights for him and he'd very likely lose. So this whole "he beat the MW champion" thing only means so much.

Is GSP the greatest of all time? Arguably. 100%. I love him just as much as the next guy. His autobiography is sitting across from me now in fact. He's just OP in this game.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:46 PM   #60
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
He has a 93 sub offense. That's high. One point behind Nick Diaz... Which is not true to life at all. Nick hasn't always been able to submit wrestlers with strong top control but he certainly has submissions that are significantly better than GSP.

I'm not getting into this debate about GSP again haha but he's the Jon Jones of this game. It shouldn't be that way. GSP is not even top 10 p4p right now. It's possible that he could be. But I doubt it.

He ran from MW because he knows the top 5 would all be very rough fights for him and he'd very likely lose. So this whole "he beat the MW champion" thing only means so much.

Is GSP the greatest of all time? Arguably. 100%. I love him just as much as the next guy. His autobiography is sitting across from me now in fact. He's just OP in this game.

His sub offense star is 93 but look at his actual submission moves. They're all level 1 or 2 at best.. his RNC really underrated considering who he's finished with it. I'm not wasting my time on the rest of that post because you said you didn't want to get into it and then wrote a ton about it lol
Old 02-26-2018, 08:52 PM   #61
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
His sub offense star is 93 but look at his actual submission moves. They're all level 1 or 2 at best.. his RNC really underrated considering who he's finished with it. I'm not wasting my time on the rest of that post because you said you didn't want to get into it and then wrote a ton about it lol
I meant for like a long time I guess haha.

His sub offence shouldn't be 93 though. It is what it is though. You think GSP is a god. I don't. lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2018, 08:58 PM   #62
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
I meant for like a long time I guess haha.

His sub offence shouldn't be 93 though. It is what it is though. You think GSP is a god. I don't. lol.
Nah tbh I'd be fine with his sub offense being lower, maybe high 80s. But he really should have better than level 1 for most of the subs.. the guys been a BJJ black belt for a long time

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »