Home

Regarding CAFs

This is a discussion on Regarding CAFs within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2018, 08:18 AM   #9
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Regarding CAFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlywoj
I tried this with TJ fight-stance and it did not work (just had regular lunges in both directions). Is it tied to stance or personality?

Will try on a fresh created character and see if it's tied at all to created fighter slot. Sure hope now, since I've got a 100 layer tattoo on my fighter.

UPDATE: created a new fighter and set to Clay Guida stance. 100% not using Clay Guida stance, looks more like Robbie Lawler boxing stance. Is this maybe a bug introduced by the patch?

UPDATE 2: I might just be a moron. Guida has the arm-hang bounce at distance but assumes a normal stance in range. Right?
There is a bug with Guida's stance that came with this patch. I noticed it too. I reported it to the devs.
Old 03-07-2018, 02:30 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

I can't perform TJ's unique side lunge *with TJ*; haven't had a chance to try anyone else.
Old 03-07-2018, 04:45 PM   #11
EA Sports UFC Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AydinDubstep
First of all, big thanks for making it possible to use EMPTY category for all strikes in move list. Makes it possible to create some fun matchups and CAFs with no kicks or other moves.

My main question: Is there any way to apply the Gaethje block or Esparza footwork to a CAF?

I can't find them in the roster fighter list.

Also, is there any way to change reach?
This isn't a bug or oversight, it's a necessary evil. I shall explain...

When you create an offline CAF (not UT) it gets saved to your hard drive, technically apart from the game itself, and loaded into the game when the game boots up. Now, usually that's all well and good, but some fun stuff can happen between save-data and game versions.

Obviously, whenever we create a patch or content update, it has to be fully backwards compatible with previous save-data etc. This works as intended, and if a CAF were to have some new feature added in a previous patch, the new patch would be cool with that.

However! If users delete the game from their console, their save-data is not necessarily deleted, as you can choose to keep it. If that same user, who has a CAF with patch content on it, then boots up the game and doesn't immediately update their game...we're hooped. The CAF now has content that the game doesn't know how to handle, and it dies a terrible death.

For this reason (and oh how it pains me...), we cannot allow new features on CAFs post-launch. The world has decided that 'always online' games with offline features are not allowed to exist, and this is one of the prices to pay for that.

So, long story short, you cannot apply Justin's block to a CAF.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2018, 04:48 PM   #12
EA Sports UFC Developer

Something to mention: this doesn't mean nothing can ever be added or updated regarding CAFs. It means that anything that is a part of the CAF save-data cannot be altered in such a way that the base retail game cannot handle it.

Some things can still be updated. Some things cannot. This is one such thing that cannot. Similarly, if we are to continue to add new fighters to the game or create new custom AIs for existing fighters, those new AI models will not be made available for CAFs due to this scenario.

Great Sadness.
Old 03-07-2018, 05:53 PM   #13
Rookie

JaySpray's Arena

Quote:
I can't perform TJ's unique side lunge *with TJ*; haven't had a chance to try anyone else.
Seems to be working fine for me... are you using the correct input?

LB/L1 + Left Stick towards your rear leg for the sideways lunge
LB/L1 + Right Stick towards opponent for the forward lunge3

They're on different sticks as feedback on the combos were too tight to pull off when sharing the same stick.
Old 03-07-2018, 07:15 PM   #14
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

There’s also a glitch to Carlos Condit stance when you create a fighter and you go to select his stance it starts off in his original stance and then glitches with his arms down to someone else’s stance, you can obviously watch it literally just glitch.Like it skips the animation after 3 seconds!
I wonder if They noticed this?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-07-2018, 07:20 PM   #15
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Thumbs down Re: Regarding CAFs

Quote:
I tried this with TJ fight-stance and it did not work (just had regular lunges in both directions). Is it tied to stance or personality?

Will try on a fresh created character and see if it's tied at all to created fighter slot. Sure hope now, since I've got a 100 layer tattoo on my fighter.

UPDATE: created a new fighter and set to Clay Guida stance. 100% not using Clay Guida stance, looks more like Robbie Lawler boxing stance. Is this maybe a bug introduced by the patch?

UPDATE 2: I might just be a moron. Guida has the arm-hang bounce at distance but assumes a normal stance in range. Right?
You arent a moron but thats whats happening. I'm hoping the devs can change it so he keeps his bounce closer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2018, 07:33 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
Something to mention: this doesn't mean nothing can ever be added or updated regarding CAFs. It means that anything that is a part of the CAF save-data cannot be altered in such a way that the base retail game cannot handle it.

Some things can still be updated. Some things cannot. This is one such thing that cannot. Similarly, if we are to continue to add new fighters to the game or create new custom AIs for existing fighters, those new AI models will not be made available for CAFs due to this scenario.

Great Sadness.

I am a software engineer and understand these scenario's suck, but the people playing offline would in fact be forced to patch when they sign in. Couldn't you add a flag to the offline data and if the versions don't line up indicate to the poor soul that their data is corrupted and prompt them to delete their beloved save? Reality is that this kind of things happens in all type of software, and it sucks the amount of extra code that needs to be written for these contingencies, but if you foresee this franchise continuing I think it's an inevitable thing. Unless your just saying there isn't the bandwidth for it in this iteration which I can totally understand.

Not trying to sounds all "I'm a programmer too, this is how you do it", just thought I'd share my experience in hopes that there is any chance it is relevant for you. I end up running into all the flakey stuff myself, so I'm the dude on S/O who always ends up asking a question only to get an answer stating "please share the solution when you find it". Granted this is usually because I repeatedly get stuck working on projects which are on near bleeding edge tech that hasn't been properly GA'd before we start targeting it as par of our tech stack.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »