Home

Patches made the game worse, well- good bye

This is a discussion on Patches made the game worse, well- good bye within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 09:16 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Patches made the game worse, well- good bye

haed movement should have a bit stamina cost because almost players spamming it whole the fight on ranked. it looks so ugly. it needs to be a little risk. It makes sense for balance.

Last edited by tissues250; 03-05-2018 at 09:19 PM.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:18 PM   #10
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

For all the guys saying that head movement is still too effective and it needs a stamina tax, i can tell you wholeheartedly that is 100% not true.

And im not saying that to bash you guys, im just being real. Once you understand frame advantage then you will beg to be fighting sway/headmovement spammers...and im not even joking when i say that..im being serious.

The recovery frames after your opponent gets his sway punch blocked are huge. I don't wanna reveal too much to the masses just yet, but if anyone wants they can play me on PSN and i'll show you what im talking about.

Oh and P.S...i hardly ever use head movement. Only on certain rare occasions but its way too dangerous to be throwing slip strikes now. Like i said add me and i can show you what i mean.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 03-05-2018, 09:21 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
For all the guys saying that head movement is still too effective and it needs a stamina tax, i can tell you wholeheartedly that is 100% not true.

And im not saying that to bash you guys, im just being real. Once you understand frame advantage then you will beg to be fighting sway/headmovement spammers...and im not even joking when i say that..im being serious.

The recovery frames after your opponent gets his sway punch blocked are huge. I don't wanna reveal too much to the masses just yet, but if anyone wants they can play me on PSN and i'll show you what im talking about.
With all the feedback claiiming that im wrong on my stance i will check again, in championship div 5 it seems what i mostly run into are guys who are stationary and move their head, it becomes very difficult to deal with them because any slip up can drain your stamina about a quarter if youre droppes, maybe I am wrong, I just dont see how thag strategy isnt the most viable
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2018, 09:23 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:

Oh and P.S...i hardly ever use head movement. Only on certain rare occasions but its way too dangerous to be throwing slip strikes now. Like i said add me and i can show you what i mean.
Your basis is you can counter it with something. That isn't the point.

I am talking about the defense it provides with little risk relative to something like lunges.

I mean you just don't see head movement as the crux of anyone's defense in MMA irl.

Yet in this game it's the basis of most people's game.

Even for fighters like Anderson Silva who's famous for his head movement it was way behind his footwork in terms of priority.

I mean ultimately it was Silva going out on his shield with head movement. It should be more dangerous and taxing.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:23 PM   #13
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:

I think some people want the game to take away spam for them, when for the most part it's on them to **** it down.

There are lots of tools to do that with head movement.

For anyone saying we should add a stamina tax to straight head movement, imagine if we did that to high block as well.

It's a similar thing to taxing head movement. You'd be completely removing the ability to use a defensive tactic to get out of a stamina deficit.

You think pressure fighting is bad now?

Imagine what it would be like if even defense drained stamina.

Sent from my Pixel using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-05-2018, 09:25 PM   #14
Pro

TheJamesKraus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
It's better now, but I wouldn't say there isn't a need for further fixes.

Head movement is taxing irl, as much as lunges if not more.

Head movement gives you armor against most strikes (causing the opponent to gas on whiffed strikes) without any of the stamina tax of lunges.
I agree with that but with it being as slow as it is now, I think a stamina tax would be ridiculous.

Maybe a decrease in power as the fight goes on. That could already be in the game, I've yet to get into the later rounds with a duck/sway player.

Quote:

This 100%.

Since the patch has dropped I've been getting loads of 1 shot KOs.

You have to make reads - everyone has a pattern and a particular combination they like to throw over and over again.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:26 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
I think some people want the game to take away spam for them, when for the most part it's on them to **** it down.

For anyone saying we should add a stamina tax to straight head movement, imagine if we did that to high block as well.

It's a similar thing to taxing head movement. You'd be completely removing the ability to use a defensive tactic to get out of a stamina deficit.

But lunges drain stamina and they’re defense

The stamina tax for head movement we’re asking for would be very minute. Just to punish those that over use it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2018, 09:28 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC

Pressure fighting is based on the armor provided by the head movement, it is the problem.

It has little risk. It's riskier now than before, but still not risky enough.

Block with a slight long term tax wouldnt be bad. Footwork should be the priority, but right now it's head movement > block > footwork

People get away with what Silva is doing more often than not in this game.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »