Home

Conor McGregor's counters are brutal

This is a discussion on Conor McGregor's counters are brutal within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2018, 03:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Conor McGregor's counters are brutal

I'm just wondering what everybody's experience playing against a McGregor division 5 to 6 user is like. I played 3 matches in a row on ranked last night all to McGregor players, lost all 3 of them. Once at LW while using Al Iaquinta and again at FW using Jeremy Stephens and Cub Swanson. The one thing I noticed is that his punches can basically auto-rock you. One of Conor's weaknesses should be stamina, but with the way the stamina works post-patch, and with how dangerous and unpredictable inside fighting is, you can get rocked by him and have significantly less stamina in no time, it's almost downhill from there too. Dare I say he feels a little OP? Just my thoughts, let me know what you think!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2018, 03:28 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Conor McGregor's counters are brutal

Make him miss in the early rounds with all the hooks and uppercuts people like to throw and he becomes a lot easier to deal with. The same with anyone who has a lot of power really. Those early rounds he's deadly, as she should be imo. I'm usually not that active at all against him in rnd 1.
Old 03-06-2018, 03:35 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidge
Make him miss in the early rounds with all the hooks and uppercuts people like to throw and he becomes a lot easier to deal with. The same with anyone who has a lot of power really. Those early rounds he's deadly, as she should be imo. I'm usually not that active at all against him in rnd 1.
Thank you for the advice. I'm pretty passive and willing to give up the first round as well just to study the player, but it's really hard not to get rocked by him when he is bouncing around everywhere moving his head and fishing for an instant rock. Then my stamina is depleted and I am more susceptible to being rocked again later on. With the way stamina is, if you get rocked you are at a major disadvantage not only in being easier to rock again but stamina-wise as well, stamina being the most significant change.

Then again you can always come back, I magically lost a quarter bar of stamina in the first round using Manuwa against a Jon Jones player, I landed a 3-piece and slept him instantly. I totally wasn't expecting that I started laughing lol. This game is a counter puncher's delight right now.
Old 03-06-2018, 03:47 PM   #4
Rookie

I played against someone using McGregor with me as Nate Diaz. Picked my shots for 3 rounds, probably won them as well. Then I round 4 he slips a hook and knocks me out cold with a left. Not rocked once before, but out cold. I wasn't even mad lol.
Old 03-06-2018, 03:54 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonVegaSuarez
I played against someone using McGregor with me as Nate Diaz. Picked my shots for 3 rounds, probably won them as well. Then I round 4 he slips a hook and knocks me out cold with a left. Not rocked once before, but out cold. I wasn't even mad lol.
Yeah it's easy to get KO'd with one shot, I notice this now more than before. It sucks to hear that you were having success most of the fight, and picking your shots only to get one shot KO'd by a fighter who feels unstoppable at the moment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2018, 09:53 PM   #6
Rookie

Yeah it is tough to beat him now, he used to rock me a lot before but I would be patient and let him tire out. Now that his insta-rock shots gas me I am always fighting with lower stamina.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:00 PM   #7
MVP

I just shoot under that straight left with a double leg and take the lad to snapdowncity.

As for dealing with him on the feet.. don't haha.
Nah, I guess, if they're using him predictably, just make em whiff til they're tired and don't risk your chin on anything silly.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:56 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
I just shoot under that straight left with a double leg and take the lad to snapdowncity.

As for dealing with him on the feet.. don't haha.
Nah, I guess, if they're using him predictably, just make em whiff til they're tired and don't risk your chin on anything silly
Yeah but I'd like to think that with Al Iaquinta or Jeremy Stephens I can hold my own on the feet. It's just too dangerous trying to trade with him, he rocks you no matter what. And since he rocks you he always out-stamina's you (if you know what I mean) thanks to the stamina drain off rocks, so a competitive player will know not to whiff on too many strikes with him because that drains stamina. Instead they're going to sway/duck counter and hit you once to rock you instantly. It's brutal and I can see why he is currently a go-to at LW and FW.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »