Home

A couple of changes needed to balance standup

This is a discussion on A couple of changes needed to balance standup within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2018, 04:18 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: A couple of changes needed to balance standup

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettosu134408
Movement is always the number one most important thing in fighting especially striking... i dont understand everyones issue with it....footwork, range, head movement... those are all key elements to strikiing... if you cant move your feet/head well then guess what... youre a ****ty fighter and you should probably never try to strike with anyone... the issue is every fighter moving the same... the head movement aspect of the game is not broken... the head movement ratings are for some reason irrelevant. That's the real issue...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Except that in Real life you lose Stamina doing this in game no! and is OP
Old 03-08-2018, 10:29 AM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlEx3KillA
Except that in Real life you lose Stamina doing this in game no! and is OP
Yeah and in real life you can scramble on takedowns, end a fight in single collar tie, use reach and distance to fight on the outside, get a fight stopped by drs, and the list goes on... its a video game... you also cant just hold your hands up and eat 4 punch combos to the head repeatedly without taking damage but in this game you can... tax the headmovement and the game turns into two guys standing there holding block for 3-5 rnds... you guys dont even understand how your "needed changes" will affect the game... its sad you guys are going to end up forcing the devs to run the game into the ground...

Old 03-08-2018, 11:10 AM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Yeah and in real life you can scramble on takedowns, end a fight in single collar tie, use reach and distance to fight on the outside, get a fight stopped by drs, and the list goes on... its a video game... you also cant just hold your hands up and eat 4 punch combos to the head repeatedly without taking damage but in this game you can... tax the headmovement and the game turns into two guys standing there holding block for 3-5 rnds... you guys dont even understand how your "needed changes" will affect the game... its sad you guys are going to end up forcing the devs to run the game into the ground...

Tax head movement while buffing footwork.

Only the best of the best should be able to use head movement all fight long
Old 03-08-2018, 11:11 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Tax head movement while buffing footwork.

Only the best of the best should be able to use head movement all fight long
Then no reason to ever use anyone but elite strikers and the game would have no balance

Old 03-08-2018, 11:16 AM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Then no reason to ever use anyone but elite strikers and the game would have no balance

Single slips would be viable for everyone. Only Silva,Cruz, Cody should be able to fight like that all game long.

Using your logic everyone should just have max stats, reach, height. Let’s make everyone equal.

We should want the game to force people to play to their fighter’s strengths. Right now you can bob n weave with Rumble in the 3rd round. There’s no incentive to use different styles when one works for everyone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2018, 11:16 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFINISHxHIMx
I can also comment on hit detection issues it's a real thing... that never happened in UFC 2. The hit detection and the ko rag doll after connecting was a wonderful feeling in 2.
False, the magical 180-degree lunges caused all sorts of missed strikes that should've connected, not to mention the back sway that caused some body shots to whiff.

At least in this game when somebody lunges or circles into a strike it connects.
Old 03-08-2018, 11:23 AM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Single slips would be viable for everyone. Only Silva,Cruz, Cody should be able to fight like that all game long.

Using your logic everyone should just have max stats, reach, height. Let’s make everyone equal.

We should want the game to force people to play to their fighter’s strengths. Right now you can bob n weave with Rumble in the 3rd round. There’s no incentive to use different styles when one works for everyone
I agree headmovement shouldnt be as strong for everyone... thats why ive repeatedly said in this forum that the head movement rating needs worked on... a stamina tax isnt the answer... right now everybody can move the same... lower head movement rating should mean slower/less movement.. stamina should play a role in the head movement affectiveness also, but not by depleting stamina everytime its used...the less stamina you have the slower and less affective it should be, but taxing the head movement will throw the game so off balance it would be crazy...

I could even get behind a small tax on the head movement per sway as long as it didnt lower your overall stamina for the fight...

Old 03-08-2018, 11:25 AM   #24
Banned

Quote:
I agree headmovement shouldnt be as strong for everyone... thats why ive repeatedly said in this forum that the head movement rating needs worked on... a stamina tax isnt the answer... right now everybody can move the same... lower head movement rating should mean slower/less movement.. stamina should play a role in the head movement affectiveness also, but not by depleting stamina everytime its used...the less stamina you have the slower and less affective it should be, but taxing the head movement will throw the game so off balance it would be crazy...

I could even get behind a small tax on the head movement per sway as long as it didnt lower your overall stamina for the fight...

We can agree to disagree then.

I think it taking a small amount(neglible if you have high ratings) would help with balance as long as footwork /lunges got boosted

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »