Home

Working The Body Just Doesn't Work Much Anymore

This is a discussion on Working The Body Just Doesn't Work Much Anymore within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2018, 02:52 PM   #1
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

OVR: 0
Working The Body Just Doesn't Work Much Anymore

First off, I'm not defending Body Punch Spamming, Body Knee Spamming, or any similar Cheeze.

That said, as someone who has always loved to work the body of an opponent - whether fight night or EA MMA or EA UFC - I really feel that strikes to the body have been over-nerfed.

I was OK with body punches being taken down a notch via the live tuner, but I definitely thought it went a bit overboard. It's essentially a death sentence to try and throw a body punch unless it's absolutely wide open. I'm not saying you should be able to lean your chin into the pocket and throw a 3-piece body punch combo without major risk --- but the vulnerability is so dang high on body punches now, and the reward just isn't worth the squeeze.

Body Kicks --- It just seems that it's so easy to catch these that a competent (top 500) player won't have much problem at all neutralizing your body kicks. In particular, I've definitely been seeing more "flutters" --- i.e. they spam High and Low block, fishing for a body catch ----

If we can't make body kick catch window a bit smaller, it should be more tied to stats perhaps. Or at the least, if don't want to mess with body catch and the risk of a body kick, increase the damage of body kicks.

More Reward, Less Risk, Or a bit of both would be nice.

Body Knees --- Again, not a fan of the body knee spammers, and I like some of the changes in the patch to nerf body knee. But i feel that the vulnerability was tuned a bit high.

So to summarize
  • If you can't throw body punches without risking your life (and if you land, won't really do much damage unless a wideeee open counter with tons of vunlerability)....

• If you can't throw body kicks without essentially a 50/50 of being caught & countered (or against a Khabib, taken down, and being pretty screwed)....

• If you can't throw a body knee from a reasonable range with reasonable timing without being open for a 1-hitter quitter.....

then body striking is pretty ineffective and underpowered

Don't forget that it seems head movement is just as good at avoiding and mitigating damage from body strikes as it is to head strikes ----

And the near-impenetrable high block, even with proper and realistic combos, even with the new patch ---

OK I'm bitching a bit too much so I'll leave it at that. The new patch has helped a lot. But i just feel that Head Hunting is pretty much the only way to go these days against tough competition

thoughts??
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

Last edited by Boiler569; 03-07-2018 at 02:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2018, 02:53 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Working The Body Just Doesn't Work Much Anymore

I agree on body kicks and body knees (which should be catchable)

But completely disagree on body punches you can still get one shot rocks from there and it's perfect.

I have never seen a body 121212 finish irl in my life let alone that combo. I am very happy it's pretty much gone and down to just a single body 1 2.
Old 03-07-2018, 02:54 PM   #3
Banned

Body kicks are pointless due to the free hit

We should be able to block it or the window to catch should be smaller.
Old 03-07-2018, 02:57 PM   #4
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
I agree on body kicks and body knees (which should be catchable)

But completely disagree on body punches you can still get one shot rocks from there and it's perfect.

I have never seen a body 121212 finish irl in my life let alone that combo. I am very happy it's pretty much gone and down to just a single body 1 2.
I mean more like ---- if i throw single lead hooks to the liver, my fighter is sooo slow and soooo wide open for a counter, he's pretty much looking to die lol

I feel as if the damage from body punches may have been upped again post-patch. Not sure though.
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

Old 03-07-2018, 02:57 PM   #5
Pro

the only way to land a body kick is to throw headkicks and miss or get blocked alot then throw a jab rear body kick or straight lead bodykick
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2018, 02:59 PM   #6
Pro

Body punches are fine. I have had my stamina and my opponent’s stamina worked down to the point where my/their stamina is less than half to even like 5%.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-07-2018, 02:59 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
I mean more like ---- if i throw single lead hooks to the liver, my fighter is sooo slow and soooo wide open for a counter, he's pretty much looking to die lol

I feel as if the damage from body punches may have been upped again post-patch. Not sure though.
I get what you mean now but I partly agree.

A well placed single body shot can cause rocks. It has happened to me and I have done it. It feels realistic and fine.

Also good body shots have some evasive properties, not as much before but it still has it.
Much better than the body 121212 death sentence from the previous games.
Old 03-07-2018, 03:06 PM   #8
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Oh yea definitely much better than the 121212, or hook spam type body stuff we've seen the past decade across many games hahaha

If I psycho-analyze myself --- part of the issue is I just can't throw my Joe Frazier Left Hook to the body anymore with confidence. Maybe I need a sports therapist LOL

Just seems slowwww and my chin just hangssss out there

Damage....It's OK. I can concede the point.

But yea --- body punches, they are kind of ok.....body kicks, sorta kinda ok....body knee, sorta kinda ok.....

Overall though, good luck trying to work the body against a head movement spammer, or even a legit player using good tactics who is heavy on the High Block (but is able to more easily switch to low block/body kick catch post-patch)
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »