Home

How come there is less blood on the mat in UFC 3?

This is a discussion on How come there is less blood on the mat in UFC 3? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2018, 11:00 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
How come there is less blood on the mat in UFC 3?

I noticed this watching some of my clips. Why is that? I just booted up UFC 2 and there's a noticeable difference. Blood looks darker, (like blood should) and there are some areas that are darker like if the drops were piling on. UFC 3 just has drops and it just doesn't look right, especially when fighting on the ground. Also noticed in UFC 2 that the camera doesn't shake when getting hit on the ground. Can we have an option in an update to remove the shake? Imo these two things UFC 2 did right so why change em? I took two pictures so you guys can see what I'm talking about. I don't want to sound like I'm nitpicking because I'm having a lot of fun with the game after the patch. It just bothers me because both fighters will be pretty bloody and you'll see a few drops here and there, and some blood smears. It just looked better in UFC 2 imo and I hope that in a future update they can fix this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180309_193723.jpg (171.3 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg 20180309_193648.jpg (116.1 KB, 61 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2018, 12:31 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: How come there is less blood on the mat in UFC 3?

This is interesting. I was just looking at a fight I had and thought, WOW that's a lot of blood. Little drops were practically everywhere within the octagon.

BUT to your point. You're right. In places where we went to the mat, or had a significant brawl, there were not larger puddles. It was all just the little drops all over the place. I too would like to know what happened here, does anyone have some insight?
Old 03-10-2018, 01:25 AM   #3
Pro

Yeah I mean it's not a big deal as other things that are priorities, but why change it if it was already good to begin with?
Old 03-10-2018, 01:32 AM   #4
Pro

If I'd have to guess, its apart of a fairly obvious effort to make the sport seem less "brutal" than it actually is in real-life.

Finish the Fight after KOs were removed because of lack of ref interaction (which we have now ) even though it was in EA UFC 2, because it seemed too brutal. Also current Finish the Fight animations have very little impact on the head of the downed opponent (in real life, these punches would bounce heads off canvas.)

It just seems like overall, they tone down violent aspects of the sport. I'm sure this is largely due to the UFC trying to clean up their image as a sport.

Personally I'm not a fan of this. Call me a savage barbarian if you will, but I want these brutal realistic aspects of the sport accurately represented. Would make the game feel more real.
Old 03-10-2018, 02:19 AM   #5
Pro

That's probably why sadly. I just hope they can fix this in a future update. MMA is a brutal sport, like you said it should be represented accurately. Off topic, but I can't wait to see what kind of things they'll be able to do with ref interactions now in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »