Home

This would improve the wrestling system

This is a discussion on This would improve the wrestling system within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2018, 08:46 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: This would improve the wrestling system

I think this is a great idea the clinch has been ignored way too long and so many fights end up there

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-12-2018, 04:37 PM   #18
Pro

EA MMA had a moving clinch while striking and transitioning and it looked better than what we have now. Can't they just use that meanwhile they work on a new locomotion?
Old 03-12-2018, 09:13 PM   #19
Banned

Zeta Reticulan1's Arena

How about an option like this for regular clinches as well.

It would only be applicable for when not clinched on the cage. From regular clinches not on the cage.

A sort of halfway TD /struggle like position with multiple options from it like the cage TD position. But only for when not against the cage.

When against the cage it could work the exact way you described.

Like freezing on a single leg attempt animation when going for any TD in clinch not against the cage.

This could also be blocked as well. And the TD options from here could be plentiful, chaining from the single leg animation into either a double, completed single leg, or trip if the follow up transition is successful.

It would make wrestling feel like more of a struggle and add some depth.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Zeta Reticulan1; 03-12-2018 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-12-2018, 11:45 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta Reticulan1
How about an option like this for regular clinches as well.

It would only be applicable for when not clinched on the cage. From regular clinches not on the cage.

A sort of halfway TD /struggle like position with multiple options from it like the cage TD position. But only for when not against the cage.

When against the cage it could work the exact way you described.

Like freezing on a single leg attempt animation when going for any TD in clinch not against the cage.

This could also be blocked as well. And the TD options from here could be plentiful, chaining from the single leg animation into either a double, completed single leg, or trip if the follow up transition is successful.

It would make wrestling feel like more of a struggle and add some depth.

Totally agree that would be great, but for that to happen, we'd darn near need a new game. All the new mocap and animations would just overburden devs. However, the against the cage takedown position is already in the game... so it wouldn't need any new animations, like your suggestion would require.

Gonna need more people to understand the goal here if this is gonna get anywhere. I'm just looking for the simplest solution possible so we can actually get the ball rolling here. Otherwise, in all likelihood, we're gonna be waiting til UFC 4 before we see any changes to the wrestling system.

I'm just trying to get them to add a new way to enter the already existing cage TD position. The game wouldn't need major revamping or anything, and it would be a wonderful addition to the wrestling. I don't know anything about game development - I'd love to hear GPD's response on this - but I'd think this would be a (relatively) simple thing to do.

Last edited by The Relaxed Guy; 03-12-2018 at 11:47 PM.
Old 03-13-2018, 12:00 AM   #21
Pro

The Relaxed Guy brainwashing the forum to get onboard with getting wrestlefooked against the cage for a whole round lol.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2018, 01:36 AM   #22
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEZERO
The Relaxed Guy brainwashing the forum to get onboard with getting wrestlefooked against the cage for a whole round lol.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Well it is MMA.....

The thinking that fans just want kickboxing is what led us to this damn problem in the first place. Make it possible for Holloway and Cruz to punch you in the face for 5 rounds, make it possible for Khabib and DC to wrestlefook you against the cage for 5 rounds.

Make it possible for YOU to use the skills and tools to see neither of those things happen.

If they wanted a game for the people who "just wanna stand and bang", they might as well just have made a new FNC.
Old 03-13-2018, 06:38 AM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
Well it is MMA.....

The thinking that fans just want kickboxing is what led us to this damn problem in the first place. Make it possible for Holloway and Cruz to punch you in the face for 5 rounds, make it possible for Khabib and DC to wrestlefook you against the cage for 5 rounds.

Make it possible for YOU to use the skills and tools to see neither of those things happen.

If they wanted a game for the people who "just wanna stand and bang", they might as well just have made a new FNC.

100%

I feel like some folks that are fairly active on this forum want to subconsciously turn EA UFC 3 into a kickboxing game. The result is that EA UFC 3 has become just that: a kickboxing game with finish the fight sequences and submissions sprinkled in. Everything else - wrestling included - seems to be in the alpha/beta phase of development.

In order to make this a well-rounded MMA game, takedowns, the clinch, and the ground game need serious work.

I think the Relaxed Guy’s proposal is a huge step in the right direction.

Last edited by iceberg3445; 03-13-2018 at 06:46 AM.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:55 AM   #24
Banned

If you ever want the wrestling to be good in this game you're gonna be disappointed. The "single leg" is just a high crotch that only has a single leg animation if you get the side control option. You don't even have control of which takedown your fighter is doing. There's no blast doubles. There's no moving a double into the clinch. There's no elbow popping, no duck unders, no quick trips or throws.

We need an arm drag. We need two on one. We need ankle picks. We need singles to actually be singles and function differently than doubles by making them harder to be guillotined. A single should be a fluid position that you could be trying to complete for 20 seconds straight.

You're watching a meter fill in this game, and that's it. They couldn't even get pummeling right.

Last edited by magx950; 03-13-2018 at 10:01 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »