Home

This would improve the wrestling system

This is a discussion on This would improve the wrestling system within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2018, 10:30 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: This would improve the wrestling system

.. it is a good idea and its an idea that I believe was already used in UFC undisputed and shouldn't be hard to add into the game.

relaxed guy? do you know the monitor
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2018, 12:43 PM   #26
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magx950
If you ever want the wrestling to be good in this game you're gonna be disappointed. The "single leg" is just a high crotch that only has a single leg animation if you get the side control option. You don't even have control of which takedown your fighter is doing. There's no blast doubles. There's no moving a double into the clinch. There's no elbow popping, no duck unders, no quick trips or throws.

We need an arm drag. We need two on one. We need ankle picks. We need singles to actually be singles and function differently than doubles by making them harder to be guillotined. A single should be a fluid position that you could be trying to complete for 20 seconds straight.

You're watching a meter fill in this game, and that's it. They couldn't even get pummeling right.

No one disagrees with any of this. Hell, start with the basics. We need knees from back side, seated cage positions, we need way more takedown variety.

But again... the idea here is not to make the wrestling system "good". Why? It's absolutely impossible, and it would require a new game built from scratch. The goal here is to see SOME improvement within the next 3 years.

The cage takedown position is already in the game. It's probably the most (only) immersive aspect of the wrestling. Increasing its prevalence in wrestling exchanges, by allowing players to enter it from cage clinch positions, is something that could easily be implemented.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-14-2018, 01:32 PM   #27
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Relaxed Guy
No one disagrees with any of this. Hell, start with the basics. We need knees from back side, seated cage positions, we need way more takedown variety.

But again... the idea here is not to make the wrestling system "good". Why? It's absolutely impossible, and it would require a new game built from scratch. The goal here is to see SOME improvement within the next 3 years.

The cage takedown position is already in the game. It's probably the most (only) immersive aspect of the wrestling. Increasing its prevalence in wrestling exchanges, by allowing players to enter it from cage clinch positions, is something that could easily be implemented.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I feel you man, I'm just incredibly disappointed
Old 03-14-2018, 01:51 PM   #28
Rookie

I love this idea.
Old 03-15-2018, 01:28 PM   #29
Rookie

It would be awesome if they added submission reversal from the power takedowns from that position. I remember in UD3 when i first got guillotined from the power double it was a thing of beauty!!
Old 03-15-2018, 01:30 PM   #30
Banned

We just got confirmation that depth can be added to grappling if we prove it’s in demand

We gotta keep topics like these alive
Old 03-15-2018, 01:33 PM   #31
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Not how it works. 5 people jerking eachother off in a wrestling thread is not what they mean about "in demand"

the fact is most people wanna "stand and bang" so EA is prioretising them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2018, 04:08 PM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
Not how it works. 5 people jerking eachother off in a wrestling thread is not what they mean about "in demand"

the fact is most people wanna "stand and bang" so EA is prioretising them.
unfortunately, this is the case

no matter how much we bitch and complain they've basically confirmed that they don't give a **** because the majority of players don't give a ****.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »