Home

AI automatic leg check while stunned!

This is a discussion on AI automatic leg check while stunned! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2018, 08:52 PM   #1
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

OVR: 0
AI automatic leg check while stunned!

I’m glad they fixed the AI leg check issue while not in motion , however there still something wrong and I thoroughly tested it before I made this thread, whenever you have the AI in there rocked state they automatically check leg kicks sometimes even in the process of getting up from a knock down the leg kick is checked... now it’s about a 5% chance of landing it while during this animation... not sure if it’s the difficulty but I’ve been playing on hard and sometimes normal.. anyone notice this yet ?
if not please take note..

It basically always happens in leg health events.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by mannyonelover; 03-10-2018 at 09:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2018, 05:07 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: AI automatic leg check while stunned!

I’ve noticed this also - hopefully will be adjusted in next patch
Old 03-11-2018, 06:03 AM   #3
MVP

Yeah I've had a bit of this, I always go for a leg kick after a stun and the AI checks it 95% of the time.

Same with the getups, both of these happened prepatch too. The getup one is probably 50/50 but it definitely happens despite there being no animation nor it reeeeally being possible to check a leg kick from said position.

With that said, before the patch (and maybe still) it was VERY easy to time a leg kick after a leg kick knockdown that was unblockable and would immediately cause another knockdown and was totally cheesable so it might be a workaround for that (the fact you can check whilst getting up) and the AI just uses it too?
Old 03-11-2018, 08:27 AM   #4
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Not to mention how super easy it is to bait out a AI body kick.
Old 03-11-2018, 10:41 AM   #5
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

Good to see it not only me , it’s just weird how the AI can automatically check kicks during a stand up and while stunned?
It should be the other way around that’s be when there the most vulnerable!
I hope they read this and fix it .....

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2018, 05:05 PM   #6
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
Yeah I've had a bit of this, I always go for a leg kick after a stun and the AI checks it 95% of the time.

Same with the getups, both of these happened prepatch too. The getup one is probably 50/50 but it definitely happens despite there being no animation nor it reeeeally being possible to check a leg kick from said position.

With that said, before the patch (and maybe still) it was VERY easy to time a leg kick after a leg kick knockdown that was unblockable and would immediately cause another knockdown and was totally cheesable so it might be a workaround for that (the fact you can check whilst getting up) and the AI just uses it too?

Exactly I understand that kicking an opponent from getting up shouldn’t always constitute a knockdown but it’s weird how it causes you damage from an invisible leg kick check, The opponent is standing up it’s impossible to check the kick it should register as damage but not an automatic knocked down again..

Old 03-11-2018, 07:52 PM   #7
Rookie

Pretty much all body shots are hard to land on the AI (I play on pro and legendary), they'll choose to block their body when rocked over their heads. Think it's partly the difficulty and the AI being too good at reading inputs.
Old 03-12-2018, 02:02 PM   #8
EA Sports UFC Developer

The AI is indeed setup to have better blocking during getups to defend from cheese, though during health events while still standing they should more often block the injured body part.

If they're wobbled, then they should eat the leg and block their head some times.

I've got changes which largely update the AI's blocking logic to be more realistic and allow for proper mixups/patterns, however they're not scheduled for release into the wild for a few weeks I believe.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »