Home

Proof that blocked strikes dont cost enough stamina

This is a discussion on Proof that blocked strikes dont cost enough stamina within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2018, 05:09 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Proof that blocked strikes dont cost enough stamina

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thats not a stamina analysis

The stamina/energy loss has nothing to do with the energy it takes to recover your stance. Its the fact that the energy of your strike wasnt transferred to anything.

Under your argument, landing 80 strikes flushes to someone's face would use more energy than missing all of those strikes simply because "you can ride the momentum" of a miss? Word?
Here's my stamina analysis... It's an accelerated clock, and people can throw 150 plus strikes per round and go into the third round with 80 percent or better stamina simply because they mostly make contact with a part of your body or block. It doesn't play like a real fight at all. It's completely ridiculous.

To me, this feels like taking NBA Live and adding the same dunks that are in NBA jam. It just doesn't play like a professional MMA fight. I'm not saying that it CAN'T play like a professional fight, but I would say that at least 70 percent of my fights are running and spamming the back dash from someone who is throwing 150 plus strikes per round. It makes me not want to play. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Forget the physics of why or why not a strike that makes contact with whatever does whatever.... Just look at the numbers. It's absolutely absurd that anyone can throw leather like this with the accelerated clock!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2018, 05:23 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
This topic is about strikes costing more stamina when blocked.

I actually think strikes should cost more stamina, block should break down more long term, and footwork needs a buff.
100% agree !!!
Old 03-15-2018, 05:29 PM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dina1229
Here's my stamina analysis... It's an accelerated clock, and people can throw 150 plus strikes per round and go into the third round with 80 percent or better stamina simply because they mostly make contact with a part of your body or block. It doesn't play like a real fight at all. It's completely ridiculous.

Can i ask why do you backdash? Do you try side "lunges" or do they not work for you either.
To me, this feels like taking NBA Live and adding the same dunks that are in NBA jam. It just doesn't play like a professional MMA fight. I'm not saying that it CAN'T play like a professional fight, but I would say that at least 70 percent of my fights are running and spamming the back dash from someone who is throwing 150 plus strikes per round. It makes me not want to play. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Forget the physics of why or why not a strike that makes contact with whatever does whatever.... Just look at the numbers. It's absolutely absurd that anyone can throw leather like this with the accelerated clock!
Why do you backdash? Do you feel like there are any other options or donthey not work.
Old 03-15-2018, 05:29 PM   #28
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by dina1229

Thats more of a stamina recovery issue imo. The stamina recovery is too high between rounds. I think it should be reduced some.

One thing that I struggle with is the 150-200 strikes a round claims. I'm sure that happens. I've seen some people push that pace. I havent seen them successfully do it alot though. Especially if you are using distance and countering. So it isnt a regular occurrence for me. I see 100 every once in a while and usually that results in them being at 50-65% by the end of round one.

As I've said before, if you are looking for hyper realism in a online game...I dont think you are going to see it. I would love to see stamina that forced people to top out at 80 strikes a round if they were absolutely pushing it.

The problem is everyone doesnt want to see that (many of them are hardcore folks here at OS). I also dont see the devs going that direction. Maybe I'm wrong.
Old 03-15-2018, 05:31 PM   #29
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay
You sure, the back dash still gets caught of lunging hooks.
How is it too strong when there are no other tools to move away.
I'm not that good and the backdash is the only current tool that allows you to keep distance and consistently fight from the outside against pressure fighters.

Even with the back dash, its not perfect but if you time it you can get a ton of whiffs.

My favorite thing on lower levels like 4 is to use the dash and watch people get frustrated when they whiff and their stamina drains.
Old 03-15-2018, 05:32 PM   #30
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Its not "regular" movement that us the issue, its "advanced " movements like side steps and quick movements arent in the game. Lb ls should use sidesteps full dashing back similar to sprinting forward.

Plus make a new thread philly.
I dont know. I'm not happy with the speed of backwards movement. think it could be a tad faster against a advancing opponent.
Old 03-15-2018, 05:34 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Its not "regular" movement that us the issue, its "advanced " movements like side steps and quick movements arent in the game. Lb ls should use sidesteps full dashing back similar to sprinting forward.

Plus make a new thread philly.
I dont want to make a new thread because both issues are related.

I’ve seen GPD say that increasing stamina tax on blocked strikes will buff block. The answer to that is to increase block break down long term. But to do that you need to increase footwork.

I completely disagree on advanced lunges. That actually work pretty well in game. The issue is if I try to angle off or simply back up without lunging you can walk right in my face with no issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2018, 05:40 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thats more of a stamina recovery issue imo. The stamina recovery is too high between rounds. I think it should be reduced some.

One thing that I struggle with is the 150-200 strikes a round claims. I'm sure that happens. I've seen some people push that pace. I havent seen them successfully do it alot though. Especially if you are using distance and countering. So it isnt a regular occurrence for me. I see 100 every once in a while and usually that results in them being at 50-65% by the end of round one.

As I've said before, if you are looking for hyper realism in a online game...I dont think you are going to see it. I would love to see stamina that forced people to top out at 80 strikes a round if they were absolutely pushing it.

The problem is everyone doesnt want to see that (many of them are hardcore folks here at OS). I also dont see the devs going that direction. Maybe I'm wrong.
Appreciate the honesty. I wouldn't say 200 strikes. That's insane. Realistically 100 to 150. I've got photos.

I also agree that it may be less of an issue if they didn't recover aouch in between rounds. That's a good suggestion. I never find myself raging at the end of round stamina. It's when they come back the next round completely full. I just think to my sefl oh **** here we go again. Energizer bunny time.

Sent from my XT1585 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »