Home

Blocking is Broken and Overpower and Block piercing is useless.

This is a discussion on Blocking is Broken and Overpower and Block piercing is useless. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2018, 01:25 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Blocking is Broken and Overpower and Block piercing is useless.

Body shots? Leg kicks? You have options to make people pay for only holding high block.
Old 03-16-2018, 01:31 PM   #18
Pro

In this game if you're less than 50% striking, you're in trouble

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-16-2018, 01:49 PM   #19
MVP

Trillz's Arena

the problem is people is holding high block all the time because body shots are useless, leg kicks can easily be checked.
Old 03-16-2018, 01:50 PM   #20
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I don't know. When someone's block is depleted and I swarm at the right time, I feel like I can shred through it pretty well. I've also been on the other end where I'm just trying to survive and let my block meter fill back up because it feels every hit destroys it. I personally like where it's at right now. I find that mixing up the trajectory of my punches when I'm trying to break it helps a lot.

I know it can be frustrating when you feel like you should be able to finish a person sometimes, but it happens.
This. And with the new block breakdown animations, it actually kinda cues you when to switch the trajectory of your strikes. Once you see them start to bend over and turtle up, that's when you need to switch strike trajectory. Imo the block breakdown is in a pretty decent place right now...anything else done to it might be overkill.

Last edited by WarMMA; 03-16-2018 at 02:06 PM.
Old 03-16-2018, 02:01 PM   #21
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialMind
I would really love to start seeing videos. Not saying I don't believe you personally, but having a video to watch, would give so much credence to your argument.

Edit: Here is a short 40 sec clip from that fight. I feel like i've given my everything in these 40 seconds here and he doesn't seem to be phased at all.

All he does is hold Block, till i gass out then perform a slip Uppercut until he gets a lucky rock at my gassed out self.

He doesn't care that i am throwing bombs at him he keeps coming:

I wasted 25% of my stamina here, rocked him 2 times. Cought him so many times when he tried slipping. He could care less. At the end of the day, he kept holding High Block, i Kept gassing.

In this example as well, you keep seeing his block regenerate, despite me still striking him. The short term block meter only goes down for 4 piece combos. So, while i am striking, it's regenerating... I am throwing like 3 strikes, then the thing regenerates, despite me starting another combination after that.

I guess that's the intendend way for the block to work, but it's ridiculous.

In my opinion, if someone allows themselves to eat a 4 strike combo, then their block should get disabled for a few more strikes afterwards as well and not instantly replenish and require another 4 piece combo, that is impossible, since the striker gasses out...

Maybe after a 4 piece combo, you should only need like a 2 piece combo for the next ~3 seconds and after getting hit by multiple 4 piece combos, the block's longevity should break down to only requiring a starting 3 piece combo to pierce through it.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 03-16-2018 at 03:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2018, 02:12 PM   #22
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

If someone is hugging high block and back dashing effectively good luck breaking block! (At mid to low skill levels)
Old 03-16-2018, 02:23 PM   #23
MVP

I can’t believe with all of the crap this guy has posted that people are still responding to him like he’s not saying something totally off base.

If someone is LITERALLY just holding high block and you can’t break it, go ahead and break that game disc. 1-1-2-3, I believe every fighter has that combo. It breaks the block 100% of the time with the hook. Also, if they’re holding high block, spam hooks to the body. They don’t do much single damage but if you land six in a row you have a massive chance to get a body rock. Which is almost always game over right there.

Old 03-16-2018, 02:25 PM   #24
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
I can’t believe with all of the crap this guy has posted that people are still responding to him like he’s not saying something totally off base.

If someone is LITERALLY just holding high block and you can’t break it, go ahead and break that game disc. 1-1-2-3, I believe every fighter has that combo. It breaks the block 100% of the time with the hook. Also, if they’re holding high block, spam hooks to the body. They don’t do much single damage but if you land six in a row you have a massive chance to get a body rock. Which is almost always game over right there.

How does that break block if fighter is backing up or back dashes?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »