Home

Bring back CAF share...

This is a discussion on Bring back CAF share... within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2018, 06:55 PM   #25
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Bring back CAF share...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgorian
Serious question...If this is such a huge problem, how have the WWE games been able to incorporate this feature in all of their games for like the past decade without any problems?

Go back a few posts and I explained the differences between what happened with EA MMA and WwE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2018, 09:25 PM   #26
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

OVR: 0
Bring back CAF share...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
This. Its not impossible for EA to do this but they would likely have to regularly moderate and pull down non-UFC fighters which could also get annoying for the users.

Also insurance plays a role in this too. For example, most major/entertainment media corporations (like EA) have an insurance policy that protects them against claims like this. When people talk about EA losing millions from the NCAA likeness lawsuits...it likely was their insurer not EA that paid out most of that settlement and the legal costs.

This is just speculation but its possible its insurer is now unwilling to cover likeness claims from features like Fighter Share or EA is just being extremely conservative and doesnt want to risk another lawsuit.

It’s understandable that’s a big risk to take with the fighter share however I think they can definitely implement a random create a fighter slot in play now which generates Generic images and stats totally by random... on the spot... definitely would spice it up the game playing against a generic fighters, kinda like what’s in the ultimate fighter, heck I would even mind if they just made an ultimate fighter mode!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by mannyonelover; 03-18-2018 at 09:30 PM.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:17 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thats because you dont want to. I'm telling you facts. Its a fact that EA recieved cease and desist letters. Its a fact that they took down UFC fighter CAFs. Its a fact that they wouldve been potentially liable for a tortious interference claim.

Eh but what do I know? I've just been doing intellectual property litigation work for over a decade. I'm sure you know just as much as me in this field.
Totally understand what you are saying about the CAF Share, but still this is a UFC game. The problem with EA MMA was that it was a competitor to the UFC, not a part of it. Taking in consideration that UFC owns a lot of likenesses, it should be less of a problem. Could be wrong tho...Adding more CAF slots and CAF SHare is what makes WWE2k games played by a long time, even after those game are out.
Old 03-21-2018, 05:18 PM   #28
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano3093
Totally understand what you are saying about the CAF Share, but still this is a UFC game. The problem with EA MMA was that it was a competitor to the UFC, not a part of it. Taking in consideration that UFC owns a lot of likenesses, it should be less of a problem. Could be wrong tho...Adding more CAF slots and CAF SHare is what makes WWE2k games played by a long time, even after those game are out.
Its absolutely less risk than it was when EA MMA was out but that doesnt mean that EA is willing to take the risk. Especially for a feature that is great but people doesnt seem to be a deal breaker for most
Old 03-23-2018, 02:45 PM   #29
Rookie

What about the dozens of Conor McGregor's (including his chest tattoo) that are in the WWE game?

Old 03-23-2018, 03:01 PM   #30
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlywoj
What about the dozens of Conor McGregor's (including his chest tattoo) that are in the WWE game?

The ufc could choose to send them a cease and desist. So could Conor and his team. They likely don’t care or don’t think it’s worth suing even though they would likely win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »