Home

This patch.

This is a discussion on This patch. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2018, 05:22 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
This patch.

What happened? There were some nice things added, like new blocking animations, and more power on straights up close but... reduced stamina tax after knockdowns/health events? Why? Who asked for this? I honestly feel that the other patch had it right, it might have needed a little bit of tuning, but it felt good. It felt that you were actually beating up your opponent or on the other side, it felt like you were getting whooped! I'm curious why they went back on this. Also body jabs and straights reducing in frames? Again why? A good strategy imo for hook spammers was going to the body to slow them down. Now, there's a small delay and it feels a little harder to go for those body shots. I read on a previous thread that body shots are getting nerfed to be more realistic, because body shots are barely used irl because of the danger that come from them. Okay I get that, but then why do players online duck and uppercut like if it were a jab? That's realistic? Also the back lunge.. what happened there? I'm really curious.

Edit: Anyone know what the live tuner changes were?

Last edited by Stealthhh; 03-18-2018 at 08:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2018, 05:37 PM   #2
MVP

Re: This patch.

I agreed. Honestly, I don't want they town down it but it happened. but I know already, it gonna happen because I have checked many complaints about that on GPD's twitter. some ppl don't want stamina drain even if they allowed rocks or kds. Its really silly and some ppl don't want much stamina drain to throwing strikes. They just want throwing a ton of strikes with moving forward over and over. That's why they reduced stamina cost on evaded strikes on 1.03 patch as well. I think, its wrong direction.
Old 03-18-2018, 05:49 PM   #3
Rookie

I disagree, the stamina is in a good place right now. Considering how it's impossible not to get rocked in this game, especially with sway spam, it allows us to still have a chance in the fight. Rewind to before this patch, factor in getting rocked against a sway spammer and it was very hard to come back after that. A single rock sapped a large percentage of your stamina, no good.

Rocks already deal enough damage as is, once you get rocked you are more vulnerable to being rocked again, that's good enough and I don't think we also need a massive stamina penalty.

Also, the jab to the head and straight to the body was an incredibly hard combo to defend and could be abused safely, everybody was basically abusing it without consequence, this needed to be slowed down/nerfed.
Old 03-18-2018, 05:50 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
I agreed. Honestly, I don't want they town down it but it happened. but I know already, it gonna happen because I have checked many complaints about that on GPD's twitter. some ppl don't want stamina drain even if they allowed rocks or kds. Its really silly and some ppl don't want much stamina drain to throwing strikes. They just want throwing a ton of strikes with moving forward over and over. That's why they reduced stamina cost on evaded strikes on 1.03 patch as well. I think, its wrong direction.
It definitely is the wrong direction. Can we maybe start a poll to bring those changes back? I don't even wanna touch online at the moment tbh. In the long run I think we should just have a "SIM" setting online to avoid these issues, would make things better for everyone.
Old 03-18-2018, 05:51 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthhh
It definitely is the wrong direction. Can we maybe start a poll to bring those changes back? I don't even wanna touch online at the moment tbh. In the long run I think we should just have a "SIM" setting online to avoid these issues, would make things better for everyone.
I would just love online sliders
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2018, 05:56 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paledude45
I disagree, the stamina is in a good place right now. Considering how it's impossible not to get rocked in this game, especially with sway spam, it allows us to still have a chance in the fight. Rewind to before this patch, factor in getting rocked against a sway spammer and it was very hard to come back after that. A single rock sapped a large percentage of your stamina, no good.

Rocks already deal enough damage as is, once you get rocked you are more vulnerable to being rocked again, that's good enough and I don't think we also need a massive stamina penalty.

Also, the jab to the head and straight to the body was an incredibly hard combo to defend and could be abused safely, everybody was basically abusing it without consequence, this needed to be slowed down/nerfed.
It just needed tuning, nothing more. If you're facing a sway/hook spammer, you go to the body. Slows them down completely if they keep doing what they're doing. Also head kicks and body kicks work sometimes. I was talking about straight up body jabs and body straights. One shots not combos, they feel delayed now.

Edit: Once you figured out how to deal with those sway/hook spammers, the stamina tax was a beauty. I got videos if you don't believe me.

Last edited by Stealthhh; 03-18-2018 at 06:02 PM.
Old 03-18-2018, 06:11 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthhh
It just needed tuning, nothing more. If you're facing a sway/hook spammer, you go to the body. Slows them down completely if they keep doing what they're doing. Also head kicks and body kicks work sometimes. I was talking about straight up body jabs and body straights. One shots not combos, they feel delayed now.

Edit: Once you figured out how to deal with those sway/hook spammers, the stamina tax was a beauty. I got videos if you don't believe me.
- A smart sway spammer will read your body shots and that won't prevent them from ducking uppercutting, which will be even worse because going to the body and eating uppercuts is even worse.

- A sway spammer who is constantly mixing up sways and ducks will duck your head kick and hook you to death. Also, body kicks are just asking to get parry countered and rocked.

Honestly, I'm happy with the stamina. Before this patch when I got rocked I basically gave up because my stamina was GONE, and especially against a sway spammer it was useless. The big issue that needs to be addressed is sway spamming, it's absolutely still a thing in this game and a chore to play against. As if this game isn't already a back and forth rock fest, if they re-introduce that MASSIVE stamina penalty on rocks, we're going to have a lot of fights where we're fatigued zombies by the third and fifth rounds.
Old 03-18-2018, 06:13 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paledude45
- A smart sway spammer will read your body shots and that won't prevent them from ducking uppercutting, which will be even worse because going to the body and eating uppercuts is even worse.

- A sway spammer who is constantly mixing up sways and ducks will duck your head kick and hook you to death. Also, body kicks are just asking to get parry countered and rocked.

Honestly, I'm happy with the stamina. Before this patch when I got rocked I basically gave up because my stamina was GONE, and especially against a sway spammer it was useless. The big issue that needs to be addressed is sway spamming, it's absolutely still a thing in this game and a chore to play against. As if this game isn't already a back and forth rock fest, if they re-introduce that MASSIVE stamina penalty on rocks, we're going to have a lot of fights where we're fatigued zombies by the third and fifth rounds.
The issue is the swaying/rocks not the stamina tax.

If you get rocked 3-5 times you should be a zombie lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »