Home

Old 03-19-2018, 02:51 PM   #17
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Stamina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
I thought they were going to tone it down in this patch, to just slightly reduce the tax, hell, even 50% of what it was would be better, since they outright removed it (now I suppose someone will come and say that technically this isn't the case and so on but yes, they virtually removed it altogether). However, I think 25-30% less stamina tax than after Patch 1 should be "golden mean", probably.
For KDs it was 50%.

For rocks it was close to your 30% suggestion.

We actually did exactly what you are currently wishing we did.

Sent from my Pixel using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-19-2018, 03:05 PM   #18
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
For KDs it was 50%.

For rocks it was close to your 30% suggestion.

We actually did exactly what you are currently wishing we did.

Sent from my Pixel using Operation Sports mobile app
Well since I didn't know the original numbers, I can't properly estimate how much is okay, etc. All I'm saying is that currently stamina tax is not felt at all, even if it is in truth 50% of what it was in Patch 1. You guys know what kind of numbers you're dealing with. I'm just here to give feedback and yeah, I said what I needed to in a few posts now. I have a few questions though:

1) Do you believe another change should be made for the next patch, based on the latest feedback on this topic, one that increases the stamina tax compared to how things are now?

2) Can what AydinDubstep suggested be implemented at all, or any temporary punishment for being rocked or dropped, for that matter?
Old 03-19-2018, 03:41 PM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettosu134408
I just dont get how anyone was okay with being knocked down once and having your stamina be depleted as if you just went a full 5 round war... theres no easy way to simulate a real fight... the original stamina tax on kds was just ridiculous... once you got caught once and knocked down the fight was over... im fine with less health regen for the head if you keep eating shots but to be out pointing someone for 3 minutes just to get caught once by a flukey double uppercut combo and the fight is over was just dumb... like i said there is no simple answer but the first patch damn near broke the game imo... its not as bad now but to hear people want to go back to the first patch stamina tax just makes me shake my head...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Well you’re exaggerating for one.

Your stamina was only that bad if you got rocked 3-4 times in a round. By that point your fighter should be a zombie.

Patch one did something amazing with stamina but was ruined due to the bad head movement system causing an unrealistic number of rocks
Old 03-19-2018, 04:10 PM   #20
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AydinDubstep
See the thing is, getting rocked shouldn't necessarily tank your stamina, but your stats should go down the toilet for sure.

You have a level 5 spinning head kick but just got dropped? Well guess what, the next 5 minutes, your level 5 spin kick just became a level 1 Chris Weidman spinning head kick.

Oh what's that, you got dropped again? Suddenly your perks are mostly gone, your kicks have turned to crap and all your stats have severely diminished until your head clears.
--
The stats need to tank for a period after being rocked. The stamina tax was useful as it gave meaningful consequence to being dropped, but I think tanking the stats is also a viable method and would certainly make things more interesting.
--
Both guys just wobbled each other, well guess what, the next 3 mins, they will be CM Punking each other.
Disagree with this - certain guys are known for getting rocked and shaking off the cobwebs and you're advocating for taking away those abilities from them.

If you get rocked hard IRL you don't have the same tank you came in with. Period.

After a round you may recover but you should feel those effects even if temporarily.

Certain types of knock downs should have more of an affect. Some should be short term stamina loss that's recovered after a round (standing rocks, active knock downs).

Actual knock downs and alert knock downs should take a chunk.

Last edited by Find_the_Door; 03-19-2018 at 04:14 PM.
Old 03-19-2018, 04:16 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Disagree with this - certain guys are known for getting rocked and shaking off the cobwebs and you're advocating for taking away those abilities from them.

If you get rocked hard IRL you don't have the same tank you came in with. Period.

After a round you may recover but you should feel those effects even if temporarily.

Certain types of knock downs should have more of an affect. Some should be short term stamina loss that's recovered after a round (standing rocks, active knock downs).

Actual knock downs and alert knock downs should take a chunk.
I in general think his suggestion would be very difficult to implement in a way it would acknowledge each specific figher's perks, stats, abilities, etc., and even if they didn't try to do that, it would still be hard to temporarily stun all perks, etc, at least I think so anyway. The stamina tax was simple and effective in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2018, 04:50 PM   #22
Banned

The stamina tax for KDs wasn't a bad idea. Maybe it was a little too exaggerated, but it would have been okay with a little tinkering.

Now it's total junk. Head health also rejuvenates too much between rounds. If I drop someone 2 or 3 times in a round, they can literally come back the next round with 98 percent stamina and enough to head health to come at me full force continuing to spam head movement while they do it. That is ridiculous.

The problem is in an effort to make the game feel dangerous and take away decisions, they've given everyone Mike Tyson power just because they duck a straight. Fix that and maybe we can get somewhere.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »