Home

Online Lag And Grappling

This is a discussion on Online Lag And Grappling within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2018, 04:34 PM   #1
Rookie

YourFatZebra's Arena

OVR: 0
Online Lag And Grappling

I have the highest speed available for my internet provider. Fluctuates between 65 and 120, when nobody is home it stays close to the higher.

So what I don't understand is why when I play at my house, at friends houses, literally anywhere I have the exact same experience playing this game online. Laggy, constantly dealing with grapplers that I can't get out from under. Not because of a lack of skill or understanding, but simply because of the connection.

What always blows my mind about this is I have a 4k tv, good connection, wired controller, and I can't reverse anything these guys do while I'm calling out loud the exact motion they are about to make, that's how predictable they're being. But yet the instant I even start to FAKE a transition they reverse it before the bar even begins to fill.

How am I constantly dealing with this problem no matter what my connection is? This is the only game that I have this kind of thing happen in. Even PUBG runs better than this, and it makes fighting anyone that doesn't want to strictly strike frustrating because once your under them, especially half guard, there's so little you can do and the connection allows you to do none of it.

I've been complaining about this same thing the entire time the game has been out. I feel like I've typed this same post before and I don't see how no one else is pissed off about it. The low player count on this game is, in my opinion, directly linked to **** like this ruining the online experience for anyone who isn't just exploiting to win. At least in UFC 2 there were enough options to stop the kind of cheese tactics people used, it seems like this game has exacerbated several existing issues and created a handful of new ones.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2018, 04:53 PM   #2
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Online Lag And Grappling

I blame the NSA for tapping all of our internet connections

On one hand I 100% agree with you.

On the other hand, compared to the online lag I grew up dealing with (200ms ping was GOD-LIKE) --- 90% of my UFC 3 matches are OK in terms of lag.

I will definitely say that it seems grappling is much .. vulnerable .. to lag.

Yes, lag can definitely screw you up standing (especially if you get a nice lag spike when someone does a duck & upper....awesome!...not)

But I feel like you can *sort of* deal with it standing.

But on the ground (or clinch) ---- if it's laggy, you're pretty screwed.

As a follow-up --- not sure if it's lag or not; and I know the GCers have identified this as a specific issue on PS4 --- but I feel like fakes are really crappy in UFC 3. Just don't seem to work as well by any means.

idk if it's a glitch; if people have just gotten wayyyyy better at reading fakes; it's the lag; or I just suck more than I think lol --- but i find that fakes just don't work very well at all, even when it's lag-free.
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 03-22-2018, 04:55 PM   #3
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Online Lag And Grappling

You aren't the only one having spotty inconsistent issues with the gameplay due to lag not on your end.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »