Home

When should we bring up presentation for UFC 4?

This is a discussion on When should we bring up presentation for UFC 4? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2018, 07:49 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
When should we bring up presentation for UFC 4?

How soon is too soon? I feel like now would be too soon because UFC 3 is still a priority, as it should be. So any suggestions made now would be lost and forgotten by the time the game starts development.

At the same time, if stuff gets brought up too late then it becomes too late to implement. I feel like most presentation elements CAN happen but don't because it takes time to create and develop artwork and such.

Lastly, is it even really a priority for this series? Hopefully it is, soon, because it's the area that needs a lot of work IMO. The game looks great in a lot of ways, but it still misses in capturing how a UFC event looks and feels.

It feels like the game punted on adding anything new for presentation in UFC 3 other than putting in the new fight kits.

To be clear, I'm mostly talking about the stuff surrounding the fighting. The models themselves look pretty decent most of the time and obviously the devs are making a better effort at updating them more frequently.

I'm talking about things like how the fighters walk to the cages, making main events and co main events feel different than other fights on the card. Having Bruce Buffer announce things as a main event, co main event, etc...

Having arenas that aren't necessarily real. The Fight Night series created several fictitious arenas so that fights had a different feel to them based on where they were. I'd love to have some smaller intimate arenas that could simulate smaller fight night shows, and also some massive stadiums that could simulate gigantic extravaganzas (I'm not talking Pride level stuff. But being able to recreate Rousey vs. Holm, GSP vs. Shields, Werdum vs. Stipe, Gus vs. Rumble. Doesn't even have to be a licensed stadium, although that would be great, but just create something that looks big and then I'll use my imagination).

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2018, 08:34 AM   #2
Banned

Re: When should we bring up presentation for UFC 4?

Hopefully never. Really can't imagine how much worse the franchise can get. These guys should go back to fight night and let a team thats actually fans of the sport work on this.

They had 2 years working on basically just striking and its still broken. And then that's without mentioning all the other things that they ruined.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:49 AM   #3
MVP

Alright, sounds like it's too early. I'll bring this back up after the patch cycles end and all the bitter bears have started hibernating again.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2018, 03:57 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA Damage
Hopefully never. Really can't imagine how much worse the franchise can get. These guys should go back to fight night and let a team thats actually fans of the sport work on this.

They had 2 years working on basically just striking and its still broken. And then that's without mentioning all the other things that they ruined.
Your a bitter bear
Old 03-27-2018, 04:00 PM   #5
Banned

Give it some time MMA Damage it has potential but it needs work. UFC 2 was a mess too and they fixed it, kinda.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2018, 08:40 PM   #6
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

i want the lights on the octagon stage that appear red or blue.

I wish UFC 3 had this during the intros.

Also wish Bruce Buffer had a couple of different color suits.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:38 PM   #7
Rookie

For get ufc ea 4 I need rest season 2 please now😥
Old 03-27-2018, 10:34 PM   #8
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

The time is now. I've already been shooting the devs ideas for a potential UFC 4.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »