Home

Ducking doesn't give GA anymore!!!

This is a discussion on Ducking doesn't give GA anymore!!! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2018, 08:32 PM   #41
Banned

Zeta Reticulan1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ducking doesn't give GA anymore!!!

This is somewhat more like UD3 now like someone else said earlier I suppose. The closer we get to that in the grappling department the better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2018, 10:36 PM   #42
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
He’s talking about if someone throws a strike and you duck it then shoot. That still works.

What doesn’t really work to well now is just ducking down and shooting by itself with out making a strike miss or setting up anything. Before this patch it worked great but now it’s more about making strikes miss and shooting during certain strikes.
That wasn't realistic to begin with and it looked silly. I'm glad this doesn't give GA anymore
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 03-28-2018, 12:54 AM   #43
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
But what if we never stop, and just keep adding more features and tuning the game indefinitely.

Would you never want to play ranked?

Or would people happily accept having to deal with an evolving meta as part of what makes great players great?
I think that it's stabilized enough now and the appropriate thing to do considering all of the wholesale change is to reset back to zero as far as records go.
Old 03-28-2018, 12:58 AM   #44
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
There’s no need to reset anything, just update Season 2 on the leaderboard for Ranked and UT.

I thought this would have been done by the first patch like GPD said it would.
We all know the reasoning behind your logic here. You just want to preserve your position - ultimately season 1 is completely tainted as is being that the majority of season 1 was fought under severely flawed metas.

A reset to zero is entirely appropriate at this point being how drastically the game has changed.
Old 03-28-2018, 02:24 AM   #45
EA Game Changer

ZombieRommel's Arena

Quote:
I fully understand the frustration.

I'm not sure what the best balance is between improving the game and leaving it alone.

Currently going hard to try and improve it as much as possible because that seems like the best thing for the game and the community. But maybe that's wrong.

Is a fresh meta a good thing that keeps the game interesting? Or a frustrating exercise in re-learning the meta too often?

What's the right balance?

Leave the game alone = meta stales out and cheese connoisseurs get to hone their craft unabated. Definitely keep tweaking the game. Good players want the best game possible and will adapt to changes if they improve the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2018, 07:05 AM   #46
Rookie

SaucyJacky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
That wasn't realistic to begin with and it looked silly. I'm glad this doesn't give GA anymore
I respectfully disagree. One thing you will find among all wrestlers is a lowered centre of gravity and a wide base. Realistically, a lower centre of gravity will give you more power with which to shoot your takedown. Additionally, against an opponent who has a stance that is less wide and straighter up, like a muay thai stance (scientifically proven to be wrestler bait), it would be easier to get the legs together in a double, and harder for your opponent to drop their hips and sprawl out against the takedown. Donald Cerrone is not known for his wicked takedown defence, and his MT stance is as if he were in a bout of MT.

I hope I've elucidated my point properly, and while I'm aware of exceptions (namely Jon Jones, who is still a fighter with a wrestling base), the general rule seems to be that lower, wider stances are better for engaging with and defending against takedowns.
Old 03-28-2018, 07:19 AM   #47
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucyJacky
I respectfully disagree. One thing you will find among all wrestlers is a lowered centre of gravity and a wide base. Realistically, a lower centre of gravity will give you more power with which to shoot your takedown. Additionally, against an opponent who has a stance that is less wide and straighter up, like a muay thai stance (scientifically proven to be wrestler bait), it would be easier to get the legs together in a double, and harder for your opponent to drop their hips and sprawl out against the takedown. Donald Cerrone is not known for his wicked takedown defence, and his MT stance is as if he were in a bout of MT.

I hope I've elucidated my point properly, and while I'm aware of exceptions (namely Jon Jones, who is still a fighter with a wrestling base), the general rule seems to be that lower, wider stances are better for engaging with and defending against takedowns.
Cowboy has the 9th best takedown defence in the UFC and there are 3 other Muay Thai based strikers in the top 10 in Aldo, Barao and GDR.
Old 03-28-2018, 08:54 AM   #48
Banned

Quote:
I fully understand the frustration.

I'm not sure what the best balance is between improving the game and leaving it alone.

Currently going hard to try and improve it as much as possible because that seems like the best thing for the game and the community. But maybe that's wrong.

Is a fresh meta a good thing that keeps the game interesting? Or a frustrating exercise in re-learning the meta too often?

What's the right balance?
the answer is simple. more animations and longer denial Windows

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »