Home

Good/bad streak

This is a discussion on Good/bad streak within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2018, 04:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Good/bad streak

You also have this stuff? especially in UT .. the game puts us 4/5 top 50 in a row (when we ranked 500/1000) then we end up with top 4000 for 2 or 3 fights. Last time i have a Incredible bad streak, goes down to 400--> 6000 in 1 night and got matched AGAIN with top 50..

Make sense for ELO rating but.. we start to know opponents and in a bad streak, someone we always give multiple beating will go you to sleep in 3 shots.. same goes for good series. You can ko/submit top 100 with ease and you know the guy is way better than you.

conspiracy theory .. the game give hidding advantage according to streak ? Or Just lag/very bad luck/nervousness.

I want to know if you feel the game is against/with you no matter what.

Last edited by Poulpy; 04-07-2018 at 04:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2018, 05:16 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Good/bad streak

I feel the game does get very streaky at times. I ran off ten in a row wins on ranked last night to then lose my next 3. I find when I lose I tend to take the frustration to the next match.

First loss the guy out grappled me to take two rounds to one which I rather enjoyed and was not frustrated but wanted to get back on the win column.

Second loss the guy was horrible but I just got caught being impatient. Trying to rush the finish when I should have just sat back and picked him apart. These are the most frustrating losses to me. Where I beat myself.

Third loss I was really frustrated by the last fight and ran in to a player of equal skill but ended up forcing things and paid for it via ko third after throwing too much the previous two rounds.

Took a ten minute break and came back to get a w before I signed off. This time I decided I’d win the stamina battle as it was a 5 round fight. Stayed patient and was able to ko him in the forth.

Long story short you have to play to your strengths and when you get flustered it can change your approach. I don’t think there are any perks behind the scenes to people on win streaks. I think it just boils down to when your winning you are calm and stick to what you do best. When you lose and get frustrated you tend to do things you normally wouldn’t do. Game is very dangerous and if you lose your concentration all it takes is a sway to the wrong direction and it’s all over..
Old 04-07-2018, 05:19 PM   #3
Rookie

this above, also there is a skill to knowing when u should stop playing as your no longer playing at your best(a skill i don't possess)

Last edited by Sivo; 04-07-2018 at 05:23 PM.
Old 04-07-2018, 05:44 PM   #4
Rookie

OK i stop now.. 3 top 50 in a row follow with 2 bad hook spammer : big lose. 1 of 10 is enough for this night, 50% top 100 and.. im bad ranked..
Old 04-07-2018, 05:48 PM   #5
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5

My typical games are all win two lose one. I don't care about my record anymore and I mix up my fighters all the time and try new things. I'm getting coins every time so it's whatever at this point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2018, 06:28 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivo
this above, also there is a skill to knowing when u should stop playing as your no longer playing at your best(a skill i don't possess)
Sivo UK ? I see you in the top on xbox UT and face you 3 or 4 time in UT.

If its you, you good enough to not have those bad streak that makes you want to throw the xbox out the window.

When you lose multiple time by better people you get frustrated but its OK. But Just 2or 3 bad lose after a streak and you out of your game.
Old 04-07-2018, 08:11 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulpy
Sivo UK ? I see you in the top on xbox UT and face you 3 or 4 time in UT.

If its you, you good enough to not have those bad streak that makes you want to throw the xbox out the window.

When you lose multiple time by better people you get frustrated but its OK. But Just 2or 3 bad lose after a streak and you out of your game.
i can drop 100+ places in a night when i'm not playing well. My biggest problem is consistancy. I can beat most ppl when i'm playing well but i can easily go on 6 fight loosing streak. I bounce around between 25 when i'm playing really well and 200 when i'm struggling.

And trust me, its just as frustrating when i'm loosing to ppl i know I should be beating. We all have our struggles

edit: also with regards my first post if i could stop myself from playing when i play poorly, i would probably be in the top 40 of ut all the time

Last edited by Sivo; 04-07-2018 at 08:17 PM.
Old 04-07-2018, 08:17 PM   #8
Rookie

I Just fight you 2 time in 20 mn with 1500 rank difference. In between other good guys like you.

Not a good night for me, when i say i face 70%top 50 this night, its true.

I want to stop but after 10mn, i retry.. my bad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »