Home

Why do all lower tier fighters have bad stamina and health???

This is a discussion on Why do all lower tier fighters have bad stamina and health??? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2018, 09:47 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Why do all lower tier fighters have bad stamina and health???

Yea for example, Dennis Bermudez, my favorite fw to use, will never be champ but he should have infinitely more stamina than Conor
Old 04-10-2018, 11:26 AM   #10
Pro

There is so many of these it is almost pointless to ask for it in the stat/moveset boards. I have already asked for quite a few that have gone unheard. I know there are more important things to fix but this always bothers me
Old 04-10-2018, 12:19 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeba1000
There is so many of these it is almost pointless to ask for it in the stat/moveset boards. I have already asked for quite a few that have gone unheard. I know there are more important things to fix but this always bothers me
Yeah this bothers me a lot. Madden/NBA2k regularly update their rosters but it looks we've been forgotten.

I hope to be surprised with the next big patch and all the backed up changes are added.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2018, 12:41 PM   #12
Rookie

I always wondered this myself. I can understand a fighters striking stats or grapple stats being low. What I can't understand is a fighters stamina or health stats being low if it doesn't reflect then irl. The Gudia and Elkins examples are spot on. Gudia should have a high staminastatss and Elkins have good health stats based on there rl performances.
Old 04-10-2018, 01:20 PM   #13
Rookie

because clearly they don't care about your stats if you're not a top like.. 5

there should be more incentive to use lower guys other than like bragging rights.

yeah they're lower ranked but IRL they're still good at certain things that should be in the 90's, for example they give ross pearson i think 89 head movement but for some reason hendo has like 92 or 94? the hell is that lmao.

i mean theres a bunch of stat problems really, they gave elkins a bad chin, they give reem an 88 or 89 chin though? duffy's boxing stats aren't really that great, idk i mean i could make a huge list of all the weird stats but theres just too many.

it's like they're scared to give any lower ranked fighter 90 + in anything.
Old 04-10-2018, 01:50 PM   #14
Rookie

The whole tier system in general was a bad idea... its like the game was designed to make you use the top 2 or 3 fighters to have a chance... Obvious bias based on fighter tier and overall when it comes to health and stamina. Just an example i can think of off the top of my head because hes my favorite fighter would be anderson silvas chin rating... been knocked out once in his career and has the same chin rating as rockhold who has been knocked out cold 3 times in the ufc alone... it doesnt make sense...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 04-10-2018, 02:17 PM   #15
MVP

Ideally lower tier fighters would have less useful animations than the top tier guys but things like stamina (for 3 round fights), and health, could be quite similar.

IRL their physical body + their technique + their fight IQ is what determines the outcome mostly.

In game their physical body (stats / perks / physical shape) + their technique (move levels & combos) + their fight IQ (player ability) is what determines it.

What would be an improvement is tying those move levels to actual animations.

Restricting fighters by giving them crappier technique for punches, or kicks, or grappling moves, would be awesome. Replacing certain stats, to an extent, with frame disadvantages, in built guards, different vulnerability points & ratios, and damage differences.

Then your lower tier guys would all have wonkier technique than the upper tier guys (except against physical freaks like Ngannou who excels even with wonky technique). They'd be useful & dangerous still, however the limitation wouldn't come as much from stats as it would from move animations.

That said, IRL, some guys are just a step above in terms of physical too, so stats are very necessary and lower tier guys who aren't explosive for example, shouldn't be explosive just to even the playing field. Probably isn't what you guys are getting at anyway, but yeah.

Gegard Mousasi would be a perfect example. Dude's body is average, among fighters, but his technique is crisp all round & his fight IQ is solid. If he were in this game, he might be very mid-lower tier if it were only stats reflecting him. Having the cleaner animation system would allow guys like him to really shine.

This way, if you for example try to box a good boxer who is average athletically and lacks power in his punches, you can still lose as his punch animations will be much cleaner than yours, even if you trump him athletically.

Edit: the same system would apply for grappling and defense too. Heck, I'd even go far as adding completely new animations for blocking with forearms for certain fighters like Anderson Silva, Jon Jones.

Edit 2: you guys might need a really technical guy on-board to be able to implement these differences. Someone who has an eye for fighting & can see the differences in technique between fighters.

Last edited by AydinDubstep; 04-10-2018 at 02:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2018, 04:48 PM   #16
Banned

The stats are way to important skill should be winning you fights not your fighters stats.

I think the level of the move should be more important then stats.But they need more sloppy striking animations to make it work.

The speed difference between level 1 moves and level 5 moves is not big enough.

Most fighters are throwing 1-2 combos and other simple combos WAY TOO FAST the level of the combos should determine how fast u put strikes together.

Most fighters can not leap forward 2 feet throwing hooks at the speed they do in the game.Leaping strikes should have different range and speed/wind up for each fighter.Hendo can NOT leap in and strike like Conor he doesn't have the athletic ability to do that anymore he could barely walk when he fought bisbing.

I know none of thats gonna happen so I'll be happy if u fix Elkins chin lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »