Home

OMEGA-Finish the Fight thread

This is a discussion on OMEGA-Finish the Fight thread within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2018, 04:38 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
OMEGA-Finish the Fight thread

So I've made a decent amount of threads leading up too and after the release of EA UFC 3 about Finish the Fight scenarios and TKOs. If you look at my thread history its probably easy to gather this part of the game is very important to me.

I feel the time has come where "soon" the game is going to reach a very good point, and all patches left in the game's life cycle are going to be focused on fine tuning and purely balancing changes before all focus is going to be put on EA UFC 4. Even if this is not true, I feel I have said just about everything I want to say about Finish the Fight, and am here to sort of pull all of these suggestions together in an OMEGA-Finish the Fight last input thread.

So here are links and brief descriptions of these threads I have made for suggestions on improving the finishes in-game. I have a few more but think these are the most relevant. If you have anything to add, please comment and discuss here rather than the linked threads so we have it all in one place.

First, a thread suggesting and discussing why the new Ref Interactions should be added to any and every type of finish in the game:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ized-more.html

Next, the main bulk of suggestions regarding the actual mechanics of finishes to fights, to make everything feel more authentic to MMA (Take note of Poll results on this one, I think the community's choice is clear):

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...sequences.html

And finally, a sort of new direction I could see the series taking finishes to fights, adding a very dynamic feel:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...shes-take.html

So this is sort of meant to be my swan song of Finish the Fight suggestions. I (probably ) won't be making any more threads regarding this aspect of the game until EA UFC 4. Please add to the discussion guys, I'd love to hear all of your suggestions regarding this aspect of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2018, 04:46 PM   #2
MVP

Re: OMEGA-Finish the Fight thread

I really hope FTF is improved upon, some things like being able to jump onto FTF from any KD and seated position would help. Also I would like to see the pawing jab from FTF in EA UFC 2 to return as a new clinch entry for single collar.

The charging TDs should initiate 'Finish The Fight' in dropped situations, sorta like the diving TDs from UD3.

This can extend to a seated position you can jump onto, which can connect to the cage.
Turtle should also connect to the cage and should be a transition from bottom seated.

GNP should be able to initiate FTF. You should be able to transition between the different FTF positions too.
Old 04-12-2018, 04:57 PM   #3
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

I thought they would have nailed it in this game but they might’ve thought it wasn’t that big of a deal or something to do with the politics of striking an opponent on his way down nonetheless definitely impacted the feel of the game in a negative way...

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-13-2018, 03:16 AM   #4
MVP

I'd like the body KOs to be reworked. They knock the guy out flush when they should instead have some sort of wincing in pain animation play and him fall to the ground because of it, so the guy is still conscious.

Tying that to FTF, you could choose to throw some GNP on him or just leave him in his agony.
Old 04-13-2018, 11:41 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AydinDubstep
I'd like the body KOs to be reworked. They knock the guy out flush when they should instead have some sort of wincing in pain animation play and him fall to the ground because of it, so the guy is still conscious.

Tying that to FTF, you could choose to throw some GNP on him or just leave him in his agony.
On that note I also think that body shots should be able to rock more often without having to either beat it up for 3 rounds or drain their stamina first. If I’m Barboza and a dude walks straight into a kick from Barboza it should hurt him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2018, 05:54 PM   #6
Banned

(Spoiler Poirier v Gaethje card)

Just watched Gilbert Burns not jumping on a KOd opponent and I really miss that option in the game. Also the first thought I had watching his opponent go limp was EA UFC 2 Ragdoll.
Old 04-15-2018, 02:37 PM   #7
Banned

FtF is coming back with the next patch... I can smell it in my urin. It never fails me.
Old 04-15-2018, 07:45 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFINISHxHIMx
FtF is coming back with the next patch... I can smell it in my urin. It never fails me.
Besides the odor in your urine (not that this isn't a fantastic source and likely correct) is there any other sources you are pulling this prediction from? Just making sure I'm not missing anything.

I hope you are right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »