Home

Unsure of judges scoring

This is a discussion on Unsure of judges scoring within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2018, 01:36 PM   #25
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Unsure of judges scoring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
I feel like I'm in bizarro world, with people trying to defend judges scoring on the ground. Maybe they don't like ground game?
Its because you arent familiar with the new criteria.

Under the new criteria, I could rock you once and you could take me down 8 times and do nothing....and I would win the round because of the rock.

I could knock you down in the first 30 seconds and you could take me down, full mount me and land some strikes....and I could still win the round.

The key to the new criteria is that an action has to cause impact that contributes toward the end of the fight. A takedown alone doesnt do that. Full mount alone doesnt do that. Laying on someone in side control doesnt do that.

Damage from those positions does. Subs from those positions does. Position doesnt matter much anymore under the new rules.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2018, 01:38 PM   #26
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Its because you arent familiar with the new criteria.

Under the new criteria, I could rock you once and you could take me down 8 times and do nothing....and I would win the round because of the rock.

I could knock you down in the first 30 seconds and you could take me down, full mount me and land some strikes....and I could still win the round.

The key to the new criteria is that an action has to cause impact that contributes toward the end of the fight. A takedown alone doesnt do that. Full mount alone doesnt do that. Laying on someone in side control doesnt do that.

Damage from those positions does. Subs from those positions does. Position doesnt matter much anymore under the new rules.
If I take you down and have 3 minutes of top control while I punch on you that's my round. (Knockdown could be different)
Old 04-19-2018, 01:39 PM   #27
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
I really doubt he was doing nothing for those 13 minutes of control. If you are able to maintain control without getting stood up on the ground generally that means you are "working". (Like before stand ups the ref will warn by saying "work".) If you are able to do that for several minutes in a round that's huge with scoring.

Also sort of off topic, but standing up for any system where you can't get better than a 10-9 on the ground seems wild.

Takedowns not mattering is silly.
You should be upset with the Commissions not the devs. The commissions made the criteria.

Advancing positions is considered "working". So are sub attempts that dont get past the first stage.

Also, "working" isnt in the criteria. Its just a term refs use. The criteria doesnt consider someone "working" as them winning a round. They have to be causing damage contributing to ending the fight.
Old 04-19-2018, 01:40 PM   #28
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
You should be upset with the Commissions not the devs. The commissions made the criteria.

Advancing positions is considered "working". So are sub attempts that dont get past the first stage.

Also, "working" isnt in the criteria. Its just a term refs use. The criteria doesnt consider someone "working" as them winning a round. They have to be causing damage contributing to ending the fight.
Well than anything on the ground is damage contributing to end fight, as much as any other strikes.
Old 04-19-2018, 01:41 PM   #29
MVP

Quote:
If I take you down and have 3 minutes of top control while I punch on you that's my round. (Knockdown could be different)
And it's the punches that are scoring, not the takedowns and top control.
Old 04-19-2018, 01:41 PM   #30
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Sure....if I do nothing. If I'm landing strikes from the bottom that cuts you up...that is me causing damage too. If I'm getting deep subs that could end the fight....thats scored higher. If I damaged you a ton in the first 2 minutes on the feet....thats also scored higher.

Look, if you want to keep using the old criteria and get upset that the game is using the new one, have at it. It doesnt change the fact that the judging criteria in real life has changed.
Old 04-19-2018, 01:42 PM   #31
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Well than anything on the ground is damage contributing to end fight, as much as any other strikes.
No. Advancing position isnt damage. Holding position isnt damage. A sub attempt that gets stopped really early isnt damage. Blocked strikes arent damage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2018, 01:43 PM   #32
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Quote:
I really doubt he was doing nothing for those 13 minutes of control. If you are able to maintain control without getting stood up on the ground generally that means you are "working". (Like before stand ups the ref will warn by saying "work".) If you are able to do that for several minutes in a round that's huge with scoring.
But the game accurately assesses damage, and scores it that way.

It's very simple: if we stand and bang. I hit you in the face 100 times, we're both moving. you're not throwing ANYTHING. i jab and I jab. you got your chin tucked. bam bam bam. Al Iaquinta up in here

THEN. you swing the uppercut from hell. blood everywhere. you broke my nose. shattered my orbital. I stumble back. eyes rolled back. I grab the fence. ref is yelling! "get your fingers out of the fence!" BELL BLOWS! the crowd's on their feet. I can't find my way back to the corner. doctor comes in. no TKO, last round of the fight, so it goes to decision.

Some dude posts the stats online:
Me 100 sig strikes
you 1 sig strikes

Can you guys see the problem? This is why the new unified rules weight DAMAGE over everything else.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »