Home

why cant we just use ud3s grappling?

This is a discussion on why cant we just use ud3s grappling? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2018, 04:31 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
why cant we just use ud3s grappling?

whats stopping it? why wasnt it included? they own thqs mocap. its as simple as a patch. lets have a serious discussion. ea has the striking. thq has the ground.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2018, 05:31 AM   #2
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Re: why cant we just use ud3s grappling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
whats stopping it? why wasnt it included? they own thqs mocap. its as simple as a patch. lets have a serious discussion. ea has the striking. thq has the ground.
They may own the animations but AFAIK they don’t own the Undisputed engine. That still belongs to Yukes. Which is kind of a good thing because I so desperately want them to make a Bellator game with UD3’s mechanics under the hood. Remove twitch reversals and the cage elbow, improve the online connection, set the ranked stamina to simulation, make small improvements and it’ll be perfect.
Old 05-05-2018, 01:09 PM   #3
Rookie

KoryDub's Arena

Quote:

As simple as a patch?

Come on - you can’t be serious? Do you know anything about game development at all?

Last edited by KoryDub; 05-05-2018 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-05-2018, 01:12 PM   #4
Banned

Because this system is better. Undisputed took no skill. Let’s just expand on what we have.
Old 05-05-2018, 01:30 PM   #5
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
LOL!!!

So many things wrong with this.

EA doesnt own THQ's mocap. None of THQ's assets came over in the license transition. Unlike 2k with WWE, EA wanted to build this game from the ground up.

Not everyone (including myself) wants UD3s grappling. There are aspects of that I prefer but if EA just replicated the grappling we had in that game it would be a step back.

Its not as simple as a patch. You are asking EA to tear down its grappling system and replace it with another. Thats not something they would ever do with a patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2018, 01:33 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoryDub
As simple as a patch?

Come on - you can’t be serious? Do you know anything about game development at all?
they literally have the mocap files laying around the works been done. theres not really room for "its too much work" excuse to be used here. and its not better. ud3 had ground movement pulling guard and tons of positions. if it wasnt better the community wouldn't beg for it
Old 05-05-2018, 01:36 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
LOL!!!

So many things wrong with this.

EA doesnt own THQ's mocap. None of THQ's assets came over in the license transition. Unlike 2k with WWE, EA wanted to build this game from the ground up.

Not everyone (including myself) wants UD3s grappling. There are aspects of that I prefer but if EA just replicated the grappling we had in that game it would be a step back.

Its not as simple as a patch. You are asking EA to tear down its grappling system and replace it with another. Thats not something they would ever do with a patch.
I agree that it's goofy to act like this would be some easy thing to do, but I do wish we had THQ's wrestling system to a tee.

It was so, SO much better. It needed work too of course but in comparison its light years ahead.

I don't know how you would say it would be a step back to take that ground game. Nothing about the current ground game is remotely realistic. People are landing 20 punches in a row postured up in half guard and not even doing 10% of a persons head health. Guard passing consists of unrealistic feinting that makes no sense and looks stupid.

People talk about UD3's grappling as if it was "turn based" but in actual practice it felt far more like real grappling than any EA UFC grappling ever has.
Old 05-05-2018, 01:37 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by neyney00
Because this system is better. Undisputed took no skill. Let’s just expand on what we have.
Don't drink the Kool-Aid.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »