Home

Pls provide a video on how to deal with forward moving opponents who come at you with

This is a discussion on Pls provide a video on how to deal with forward moving opponents who come at you with within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2018, 01:09 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Pls provide a video on how to deal with forward moving opponents who come at you

I'm not sure if you watched my fight, but these heavy weights are so slow running was not as option,or even maintaining jab distance for that matter
Old 05-07-2018, 01:12 PM   #50
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Re: Pls provide a video on how to deal with forward moving opponents who come at you

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigsaw736
I'm not sure if you watched my fight, but these heavy weights are so slow running was not as option,or even maintaining jab distance for that matter
what part of the stream jig?
Old 05-07-2018, 01:15 PM   #51
MVP

Quote:
I abuse the L1 sway, I don't care if it's consider cheesy it's one of the only ways to maintain distance. It works at all weight classes and really is only vulnerable to straights and leg kicks. If you time it at the start of a punch it will avoid all high kicks/overhands/hooks and uppers. The same principles of lower classes apply at higher weight classes just with bigger consequences.

Oh, and always use JDS. Literally everyone uses JDS and it's because he is the most viable with the current state of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2018, 01:19 PM   #52
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
I abuse the L1 sway, I don't care if it's consider cheesy it's one of the only ways to maintain distance. It works at all weight classes and really is only vulnerable to straights and leg kicks. If you time it at the start of a punch it will avoid all high kicks/overhands/hooks and uppers. The same principles of lower classes apply at higher weight classes just with bigger consequences.

Oh, and always use JDS. Literally everyone uses JDS and it's because he is the most viable with the current state of the game.
Suggesting he play like everyone else is what makes this game terrible.
Old 05-07-2018, 01:26 PM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
Suggesting he play like everyone else is what makes this game terrible.
It's the only way to actually dodge in this game besides head movement. It doesn't make the game terrible, it's actually the best counter to people who can't seem to get off the pedal for one second. It's a lot less effective against someone who picks their shots, like actual MMA is done.
Old 05-07-2018, 01:28 PM   #54
Rookie

yesterday was basically my first time at hw.. I had no clue who to pick lol.

when i got to rank 1 i used Michael Bisping the entire time

and recognize told me 2 days ago he was using dc, so i choose stipe for the extra reach advantage. and at the very last second after i had already hit the ready button he switched from dc to jds

i can take a loss.. but that was terrible it made me want to quit the game. After round 1 especially at heavy weight i feel he should've been gassed.

Last edited by jigsaw736; 05-07-2018 at 01:32 PM.
Old 05-07-2018, 01:35 PM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
what part of the stream jig?
towards the end of the event my fight was the third to last
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2018, 02:47 PM   #56
MVP

Quote:
yesterday was basically my first time at hw.. I had no clue who to pick lol.

when i got to rank 1 i used Michael Bisping the entire time

and recognize told me 2 days ago he was using dc, so i choose stipe for the extra reach advantage. and at the very last second after i had already hit the ready button he switched from dc to jds

i can take a loss.. but that was terrible it made me want to quit the game. After round 1 especially at heavy weight i feel he should've been gassed.

There really is no point in picking any fighter besides JDS at HW. That's all I fight at HW, it says a lot about the state of the game that people pick JDS as if he's the Jon Jones of Heavyweight

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »