Home

Can anyone explain how to do Max Holloway's switch stance combo(s)?

This is a discussion on Can anyone explain how to do Max Holloway's switch stance combo(s)? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2018, 04:15 PM   #1
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

OVR: 0
Can anyone explain how to do Max Holloway's switch stance combo(s)?

I know this (those? is there more than one?) was added quite some time ago, but I haven't been able to figure out how to do it. Anyone out there that can explain how?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2018, 04:52 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Can anyone explain how to do Max Holloway's switch stance combo(s)?

Jab - R3 Click - Straight - Lead Body Hook

Has to be done fast. You can also just do the Jab - R3 Click - Straight without the body hook, but it will keep you in southpaw. The full combo puts you back in your original stance.
Old 05-05-2018, 09:51 PM   #3
MVP

There is a dev couch video on these combos and Sąki's unique combos in the extras section of the tutorials, too.

I wish there were sooo many more.switch combos, I love maxes but I want them on others,I wanna be able to fake switch kicks as a way of switching stance, too.
Old 05-06-2018, 05:57 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
There is a dev couch video on these combos and Sąki's unique combos in the extras section of the tutorials, too.
I'll have to check this out, 'cause for the life of me I can not get the combo RetractedMonkey posted to come out. I'm not the most dexterous gamer, but I'm quick enough with inputs to do Dom's unique 1-4. Not sure what I'm doing wrong with this one.
Old 05-06-2018, 06:07 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowingForVengeance
I'll have to check this out, 'cause for the life of me I can not get the combo RetractedMonkey posted to come out. I'm not the most dexterous gamer, but I'm quick enough with inputs to do Dom's unique 1-4. Not sure what I'm doing wrong with this one.
It's Jab > click R3 > southpaw jab (which would be the orthodox straight input) as far as I'm aware.

There may be a Jab>Switch>Straight one too but I haven't seen it personally, I can never combo the hook off the end either, I always throw the wrong strike and stay in southpaw.

Another thing to remember is you can only throw it while advancing, as far as I'm aware.

Edit: so yeah, try Square > R3 > Triangle (Jab-switch-jab)
Then you can combo a lead body hook off the second jab and you'll automatically switch back to orthodox, I think, not 100% on the hook.cause I suck at it.

Last edited by AeroZeppelin27; 05-06-2018 at 06:10 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2018, 06:20 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
It's Jab > click R3 > southpaw jab (which would be the orthodox straight input) as far as I'm aware.

There may be a Jab>Switch>Straight one too but I haven't seen it personally, I can never combo the hook off the end either, I always throw the wrong strike and stay in southpaw.

Another thing to remember is you can only throw it while advancing, as far as I'm aware.
Ah, okay, then I did sort of get it. I was able to do the advancing-jab>switch>southpaw-jab. But I'd never tried it with any other fighter and thought maybe that was something everyone could do.

More experimenting to do when I get back to my PS4!
Old 05-06-2018, 07:24 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowingForVengeance
About the 1-4, is there anything special you have to do to pull it off? Or just input 1-4 very fast? I mean I imagine the combo in real life but dunno if I've seen it in game. Thanks!
Old 05-06-2018, 07:53 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
About the 1-4, is there anything special you have to do to pull it off? Or just input 1-4 very fast? I mean I imagine the combo in real life but dunno if I've seen it in game. Thanks!
Advancing jab, then a stationary rear hook. Fast as you can. The timing window is ridiculously tight - I'm lucky if I can do it twice in a row in practice.

When input correctly, you'll get a unique side-stepping hook. Which is counter-intuitive since you have to plant your feet when you throw the hook, but it is what it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »