Home

Games turning into a stomach/stamina war.

This is a discussion on Games turning into a stomach/stamina war. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2018, 11:03 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Games turning into a stomach/stamina war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourFatZebra
It's pretty damn lame that this is the only fighting game I can think of that rewards you for not fighting.

It's so much easier to win fights on this game if you just don't even intend to play. The stamina system is so ****ed, it rewards you for sitting there and getting hit all day as long as you aren't throwing anything of your own. It's so stupid losing a fight in the 2nd round just because you wasted all your energy landing 50+ strikes on your opponent who didn't even throw ten.

Until they fix that ****ty system that brings your stamina back each round, it's gonna just get worse. Each patch is gonna make it harder to actually fight skillfully, and thus people are gonna just start relying even harder on the same spammy **** because it'll be more useful than actually fighting. Ridiculous that you can be "great" at this game by basically not playing it.

I see it in the opposite way you do. Stamina is resourse wich you have to manage, it adds a strategic side to the game. Every fight have at least 3 rounds, if your opponent is being overly defensive and not throwing anything at all, then you can easily land more shots than him in the first two round without losing too much stamina, so you just have to survive the third round and win by decison...

Defensive play style is not a problem, exploiting is
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2018, 11:26 PM   #26
Rookie

YourFatZebra's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by resscrowds
I see it in the opposite way you do. Stamina is resourse wich you have to manage, it adds a strategic side to the game. Every fight have at least 3 rounds, if your opponent is being overly defensive and not throwing anything at all, then you can easily land more shots than him in the first two round without losing too much stamina, so you just have to survive the third round and win by decison...

Defensive play style is not a problem, exploiting is
I'm not saying that defensive play is a problem, I'm saying there needs to be more adequate ways to manage that. What you're suggesting to do just isn't even useful or, more importantly and some of you really forget this, fun at all. Trying to land strikes on an opponent that is consistently moving around and never opening up ONLY results in you being worn out while they have energy. You can't do enough damage with one strike unless they make themselves vulnerable, which requires them attacking, which they aren't doing.

"Easily land more strikes than him" totally misses my point. Landing those strikes ends up screwing you in the later rounds. Yeah you won round 1 cleanly cause dude didn't do anything, but now you're worn out and don't have the stamina to finish him or even SURVIVE the shots he is going to throw at you. I'm not trying to be an ***, but I just don't think you get what I'm talking about.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:35 PM   #27
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

Quote:
I'm not saying that defensive play is a problem, I'm saying there needs to be more adequate ways to manage that. What you're suggesting to do just isn't even useful or, more importantly and some of you really forget this, fun at all. Trying to land strikes on an opponent that is consistently moving around and never opening up ONLY results in you being worn out while they have energy. You can't do enough damage with one strike unless they make themselves vulnerable, which requires them attacking, which they aren't doing.

"Easily land more strikes than him" totally misses my point. Landing those strikes ends up screwing you in the later rounds. Yeah you won round 1 cleanly cause dude didn't do anything, but now you're worn out and don't have the stamina to finish him or even SURVIVE the shots he is going to throw at you. I'm not trying to be an ***, but I just don't think you get what I'm talking about.
Imagine how people would play if it were even easier to create space.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:38 PM   #28
Rookie

YourFatZebra's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHunter1990
Imagine how people would play if it were even easier to create space.
Fair. I'm just trying to express my concern for this, and it's frustrating that people would rather just say I'm **** at the game and lying than even humor the idea that I might be pointing out legitimate issues.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:44 PM   #29
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

Quote:
Fair. I'm just trying to express my concern for this, and it's frustrating that people would rather just say I'm **** at the game and lying than even humor the idea that I might be pointing out legitimate issues.
Oh I agree
Old 05-08-2018, 11:48 PM   #30
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

Quote:
It's pretty damn lame that this is the only fighting game I can think of that rewards you for not fighting.

It's so much easier to win fights on this game if you just don't even intend to play. The stamina system is so ****ed, it rewards you for sitting there and getting hit all day as long as you aren't throwing anything of your own. It's so stupid losing a fight in the 2nd round just because you wasted all your energy landing 50+ strikes on your opponent who didn't even throw ten.

Until they fix that ****ty system that brings your stamina back each round, it's gonna just get worse. Each patch is gonna make it harder to actually fight skillfully, and thus people are gonna just start relying even harder on the same spammy **** because it'll be more useful than actually fighting. Ridiculous that you can be "great" at this game by basically not playing it.
I feel your pain brother. People are rewarded way too much for not wanting to actually fight.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:42 AM   #31
Rookie

YourFatZebra's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG
I feel your pain brother. People are rewarded way too much for not wanting to actually fight.
And it's different in real life, there are not only physical consequences to running and taking shots on your arms all day. But the judges also won't reward you for that and there's a risk of the ref penalizing you for timidity. There are also way more options to attack a defensive fighter that don't require on some wonky vulnerability system. You shouldn't have to literally let me do damage to you, that's so ridiculous.

None of that here.
Feel free to hide like it's Fortnite in a cage. You'll probably end up winning against the guy who actually wanted to have a fight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2018, 12:44 AM   #32
MVP

It’s the rope a dope playing out. But even then holding block is tiring.

The block breakdown moving forward isn’t enough.

People just hold block all day.

There should be slowdown of people blocking, stamina drain holding block all day, bleed through, or something.

Rope a dope is one thing, but even Ali’s hands got tired from all the strikes.

I am really glad the head movement spam is gone pretty much, but the block remains more prominent in the meta. It’s become block > head movement > footwork, but still not footwork > block > head movement

People were asking for an increase stamina tax on blocked strikes, I think this would still be fair with some other accompanying balances.

Strike stamina cost should go up so the average strike count isn’t so inflated.

To balance so block doesn’t become more OP, block can do any of or all of the following:
Slow down
Drain stamina
More bleed though
Weakening block = arm damage
Bracing = more damage to unblocked part
Hand traps/ peel block

Still waiting for the day we can do this to people who hold block all day

Would go well in a grappling related patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »