Home

Keeping distance NOT THE PROBLEM

This is a discussion on Keeping distance NOT THE PROBLEM within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2018, 08:25 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Keeping distance NOT THE PROBLEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleblastdubble
in the majority of fights, the majority of strikes thrown are while the feet are planted.
The forward moving 1-2 seems to be the most popular from what I'm seeing.
Old 05-10-2018, 08:27 AM   #18
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryangil23
The forward moving 1-2 seems to be the most popular from what I'm seeing.
oh i should have clarified

i meant IRL
Old 05-10-2018, 08:31 AM   #19
Pro

Even with the small changes they made to try and make outside fighting more viable, it hasn’t really done much. Teep/push kicks are kind of slow, and easily catchable. You really can’t circle out properly or quickly get off the cage without risking death(Why remove the block option from a side lunge, it was in last game and was fine. Your block(arms) took more damage, and it’s a 50/50 of the strike going high or low... I rocked or finished many people trying to side lunge away from the cage with a body kick/hook cause they blocked high)

Add in how fast combos come out, the distance you can cover, and how fast block breaks down, plus the fact that slipping strikes doesn’t even always work(block a jab, quick slip a straight and try to counter and half the time you eat 2 more strikes and get rocked while your punch don’t even come out)

In the end I hated UFC 2, mostly because of the combo multiplier, but the ability you had to hop in and out with dashes and quickly circle off the cage were great. I love using distance management, figuring out my oppenent and frustrating them by being just on the outside of their reach constantly and countering them effectively and barely being hit. You can’t really do that this game, people plot forward, throwing combo after combo, eating your block in 3-4 hits and smothering you
Old 05-10-2018, 03:05 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticGabriel
Even with the small changes they made to try and make outside fighting more viable, it hasn’t really done much. Teep/push kicks are kind of slow, and easily catchable. You really can’t circle out properly or quickly get off the cage without risking death(Why remove the block option from a side lunge, it was in last game and was fine. Your block(arms) took more damage, and it’s a 50/50 of the strike going high or low... I rocked or finished many people trying to side lunge away from the cage with a body kick/hook cause they blocked high)

Add in how fast combos come out, the distance you can cover, and how fast block breaks down, plus the fact that slipping strikes doesn’t even always work(block a jab, quick slip a straight and try to counter and half the time you eat 2 more strikes and get rocked while your punch don’t even come out)

In the end I hated UFC 2, mostly because of the combo multiplier, but the ability you had to hop in and out with dashes and quickly circle off the cage were great. I love using distance management, figuring out my oppenent and frustrating them by being just on the outside of their reach constantly and countering them effectively and barely being hit. You can’t really do that this game, people plot forward, throwing combo after combo, eating your block in 3-4 hits and smothering you
UFC 2 felt more responsive. Sure UFC 3 is an improved game but the one thing it doesn't have compared to previously is that super smooth feel both in moving and striking. UFC 3 lacks that fluidity, whether it be the magnetic strikes, the hard combos, the lag which affects the input of hard combos, I really don't know but it's not a smooth game online.

Last edited by Paledude45; 05-10-2018 at 03:13 PM.
Old 05-10-2018, 03:26 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay
I have to disagree, you can literally hold forward and be in someones face the hole time, no punches needed. Its a major part of it but not the hole issue.

Other problems.
  1. Teeps and side kicks dont land when there is sideways movement, they also lack power and are slow.
  2. No true circling animations or lateral movement.
  3. No parrys for straight punches, plus not enough of a jab to block movement deficet.
  4. Health regen and damage being fast and too low inadvertadly affects it as well.
I think this pretty much hits it on the head
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »