Home

This game is so broken

This is a discussion on This game is so broken within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2018, 09:25 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: This game is so broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
How many patches has God of War released so far?

Patch frequency in this day and age is absolutely not something to be held against a developer.
Love the continued input but i believe its the amount and how much it changes everytime.
Old 05-20-2018, 09:45 PM   #34
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

Quote:

Patch frequency in this day and age is absolutely not something to be held against a developer.
I would go further and say it should be to their credit when developers patch their games frequently.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:38 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:

I have no idea because I don't play the current game. I don't even know why a story mode based game would need to be repeatedly patched tbh. But never in the other installments I played did the gameplay change dramatically throughout.

I played Undisputed until they lost the license so I'm aware of necessary patching. But I remember that by the third game in that series they were fine-tuning not overhauling. Appreciate all the efforts but I just honestly expected this franchise to be at that same standpoint by now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2018, 08:38 AM   #36
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by teezie
My point exactly. All these patches in the THIRD game of the series. Really??? I don't think they even have the excuse of having to tune the game for a new generation console either. It's ridiculous to have to relearn to play a game 3 or 4 times in the third iteration of what is basically the exact same game.
MKX and Injistice 2 are cybersport games... Do you know how many patches were for them post release?
More than 10-15 patches, which were rebalancing games's Frame data and some game mechanics in every patch! and YES, you were forced to learn something new but for the better balance.

WHY?
because this is a FIGHTING game.
Fighting game is all about BALANCE.
The only true way to tune a Balance is TESTING via community playing this game and its feedback.
So, making new patches for EA UFC 3 is OK.

NOT OK is that:
1) Frame data is closed - it allows to make more detailed and cocnrete feedback to devs from some players
2) the game still has ISSUES in Practice mode:
1. broken Recording tool
2. no Reset button
3. more here:
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...s-how-fix.html
3) and not OK is that NOT ENOUGH response from Devs on cocnrete bug/issue reports of the game INSTEAD of their responding to flame/troll posts and threads b/c it useless waste of resources and time. This is Dev's MISTAKE.
Old 05-22-2018, 02:37 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teezie
I have no idea because I don't play the current game. I don't even know why a story mode based game would need to be repeatedly patched tbh. But never in the other installments I played did the gameplay change dramatically throughout.

I played Undisputed until they lost the license so I'm aware of necessary patching. But I remember that by the third game in that series they were fine-tuning not overhauling. Appreciate all the efforts but I just honestly expected this franchise to be at that same standpoint by now.
Not sure why you're complaining about patches in 2018 especially when they are there to make the game better.

Can we have some new achievements patched in with stuff to do.

Ranked isn't fun.
Career is not great at the moment with the longevity meter.
Ultimate Team is...well

That only leaves quick match and there's only so much quick match I can do. I've been doing the defeat the whole roster on Fight Night Champion achievement and it's fun. Some people might find it a bit grindy but lets be honest fighting Jon Jones 27 times in a row on UFC 3 isn't really that fun either.

Last edited by scyth223; 05-22-2018 at 02:42 PM.
Old 05-22-2018, 04:25 PM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
MKX and Injistice 2 are cybersport games... Do you know how many patches were for them post release?
More than 10-15 patches, which were rebalancing games's Frame data and some game mechanics in every patch! and YES, you were forced to learn something new but for the better balance.

WHY?
because this is a FIGHTING game.
Fighting game is all about BALANCE.

The only true way to tune a Balance is TESTING via community playing this game and its feedback.
So, making new patches for EA UFC 3 is OK.

NOT OK is that:
1) Frame data is closed - it allows to make more detailed and cocnrete feedback to devs from some players
2) the game still has ISSUES in Practice mode:
1. broken Recording tool
2. no Reset button
3. more here:
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...s-how-fix.html
3) and not OK is that NOT ENOUGH response from Devs on cocnrete bug/issue reports of the game INSTEAD of their responding to flame/troll posts and threads b/c it useless waste of resources and time. This is Dev's MISTAKE.
I have to disagree with you here but i can see your point of view. This is a sports game and balance should always be taken secondary, in the poll regarding as much balance was also agreed on as being secondary to realism.
Old 05-22-2018, 05:53 PM   #39
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay
I have to disagree with you here but i can see your point of view. This is a sports game and balance should always be taken secondary, in the poll regarding as much balance was also agreed on as being secondary to realism.
I am not talking about balance between fighters - this can not be b/c all fighters has different ratings = and this IS your realism.

I am talking about the balance in gameplay features and mechanics , there must to be a balance based on risk/reward as it is irl. More risky = more reward.

So, patching/balancing the gameplay elements NOT conflicts with ratings and realism.
Old 05-22-2018, 11:03 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Punch
I would go further and say it should be to their credit when developers patch their games frequently.

normally that would be a good point

not in EA UFC games cases though

its nice that they eventually fix the broken messes that their games are on launch, but it'd be a lot ****ing better if they just made the game NOT broken on launch to begin with

like seriously. Do you remember what the game was like when it released?

its not to their credit that they fix the unfinished joke slowly for months after releasing complete trash.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »