Home

This game is so broken

This is a discussion on This game is so broken within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2018, 11:07 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: This game is so broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
MKX and Injistice 2 are cybersport games... Do you know how many patches were for them post release?
More than 10-15 patches, which were rebalancing games's Frame data and some game mechanics in every patch! and YES, you were forced to learn something new but for the better balance.

WHY?
because this is a FIGHTING game.
Fighting game is all about BALANCE.
The only true way to tune a Balance is TESTING via community playing this game and its feedback.
So, making new patches for EA UFC 3 is OK.

NOT OK is that:
1) Frame data is closed - it allows to make more detailed and cocnrete feedback to devs from some players
2) the game still has ISSUES in Practice mode:
1. broken Recording tool
2. no Reset button
3. more here:

3) and not OK is that NOT ENOUGH response from Devs on cocnrete bug/issue reports of the game INSTEAD of their responding to flame/troll posts and threads b/c it useless waste of resources and time. This is Dev's MISTAKE.

the only people who see this as a fighting game are people who aren't good at actual fighting games

this is a sports simulation game first and foremost. If I want to play a good fighting game I'll stick to guilty gear and KOF
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2018, 03:30 AM   #42
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by empenaparatara
the only people who see this as a fighting game are people who aren't good at actual fighting games

this is a sports simulation game first and foremost. If I want to play a good fighting game I'll stick to guilty gear and KOF
Did you find this logic by yourself lol?)
It seems you only know 2D fightings with several gauges and projectiles - I.e. the most Arcadish fightings!
You need to learn more about fighting games before posting like this.

About 2nd part - do you know the main difference between arcade fighting and fight sim like UFC in GAMEPLAY? We are not talking here about presentation.

I can tell you - sim moves has ANALOG frame data, not permanent, which is based on many factors.

And AGAIN - when I am talking about the Balance in the game I mean GAMEPLAY mechanics balance!
Old 05-23-2018, 05:52 AM   #43
MVP

Quote:
I am not talking about balance between fighters - this can not be b/c all fighters has different ratings = and this IS your realism.

I am talking about the balance in gameplay features and mechanics , there must to be a balance based on risk/reward as it is irl. More risky = more reward.

So, patching/balancing the gameplay elements NOT conflicts with ratings and realism.
No. Patching gameplay affect realism, having unrealistic mechanics affects realism for example, i think theres a language barrier here so we arent avle to commicate effectively.

Real life has its own "balance" and i think that should be forefront over game balance.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:33 AM   #44
Banned

Quote:
Did you find this logic by yourself lol?)
It seems you only know 2D fightings with several gauges and projectiles - I.e. the most Arcadish fightings!
You need to learn more about fighting games before posting like this.

About 2nd part - do you know the main difference between arcade fighting and fight sim like UFC in GAMEPLAY? We are not talking here about presentation.

I can tell you - sim moves has ANALOG frame data, not permanent, which is based on many factors.

And AGAIN - when I am talking about the Balance in the game I mean GAMEPLAY mechanics balance!

3d fighters are terrible except tekken which is equally arcadey. Virtua Fighter has had historically low player rates for a reason--its boring AND unrealistic.

either way, this is an MMA game. not a fighting game. There is a massive difference. This game should NEVER be about mechanics like buffering inputs or focusing too hard on frame data.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:36 AM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
3d fighters are terrible except tekken which is equally arcadey. Virtua Fighter has had historically low player rates for a reason--its boring AND unrealistic.

either way, this is an MMA game. not a fighting game. There is a massive difference. This game should NEVER be about mechanics like buffering inputs or focusing too hard on frame data.

Idk I love fighting games. Tekken 7, Injustice 2, and the last Mortal Kombat were great. Maybe you're just terrible at them?

While Virtua Fighter may have historically low player rates, Mortal Kombat usually does very well in sales.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2018, 11:39 AM   #46
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:

Your post is the best Joke of the day. Really it makes me smile i stopped when i began to write a reply to you that fighters has a weight in VF and his weight affects his animation and jump height and even throw animation, that orthodox/southpow is a key to combo in VF, that all moves names in move list are authentic in VF, that UFC UD has Frame data(!!) even frame data gauge(!) and has buffering inputs nearly any in any... etc. i can write many against your words but they are so incompetent and funny so i will not post all this details and infos b/c you are funny good guy and better Do not take your words seriously
Dude, dont post such things please, b/c i can not come back to work after them =)

I will end discussion with you by this boring and unrealistic VF video (btw 2012 year game VF5FS with graphics and animation from the game of 2007 year - Virtua Fighter 5 Vanilla):
- excuse me there are no fire flashes, lightnings on half screen and light sabres. VF is all about Martial arts and about the best gameplay with 3rd level Yomi , not about this flashing bs with braindead 50/50 mechanics.

Last edited by SUGATA; 05-23-2018 at 11:58 AM.
Old 05-23-2018, 12:02 PM   #47
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scyth223
Idk I love fighting games. Tekken 7, Injustice 2, and the last Mortal Kombat were great. Maybe you're just terrible at them?

While Virtua Fighter may have historically low player rates, Mortal Kombat usually does very well in sales.
That has not meaning on anything, plus why say that his point is purely based on his idea of an mma game and he finds arcade fighters boring and unrealistic, brong bad here means nothing.
Old 05-23-2018, 12:38 PM   #48
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

Quote:
Your post is the best Joke of the day. Really it makes me smile i stopped when i began to write a reply to you that fighters has a weight in VF and his weight affects his animation and jump height and even throw animation, that orthodox/southpow is a key to combo in VF, that all moves names in move list are authentic in VF, that UFC UD has Frame data(!!) even frame data gauge(!) and has buffering inputs nearly any in any... etc. i can write many against your words but they are so incompetent and funny so i will not post all this details and infos b/c you are funny good guy and better Do not take your words seriously
Dude, dont post such things please, b/c i can not come back to work after them =)

I will end discussion with you by this boring and unrealistic VF video (btw 2012 year game VF5FS with graphics and animation from the game of 2007 year - Virtua Fighter 5 Vanilla):
- excuse me there are no fire flashes, lightnings on half screen and light sabres. VF is all about Martial arts and about the best gameplay with 3rd level Yomi , not about this flashing bs with braindead 50/50 mechanics.

I had no idea VF5 was like this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »