Home

Leg Damage, mobility and punching power while leg is damaged.

This is a discussion on Leg Damage, mobility and punching power while leg is damaged. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2018, 07:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Leg Damage, mobility and punching power while leg is damaged.

Taking leg damage in EA UFC 3 is something I feel is taking a realistic approach with the situations becoming bad if you check with a battered leg, it still effects the player checking a kick. Also when you have a beaten up leg, you become waaaay more susceptible to being taked down and I love that. I feel its still a bit off because you can have a damaged leg and yet still be able to move around at the same speed and it should not be like that at all. There are lots of examples in real fights where this type of thing happens. Movement should slow down when walking on that bad leg and somewhat of a decline in punching power as well. Maybe i'm asking for too much but interested to see what you guys think
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2018, 07:30 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Leg Damage, mobility and punching power while leg is damaged.

I still think the limp event should be permanent when your leg is one or two KDs away from the end of the fight.

Basically you'd have to switch, go for the hail Mary shot or get it to the ground somehow.

It's basically a survival mode that your not expected to win from, but if you do.. Valhalla awaits!

I don't think its unrealistic.

Look at Stephens v Melendez, Jouban v Saunders, and Barboza v Olivera to name a few.
Towards the ends of those fights the opponent is moving completely differently, their defense is completely compromised and they're purely defensive.

And I can't say I recall any one of those 3 guys even trying to kick off the damaged leg, or worse yet, use it as a support leg for a kick off the other side.
Old 05-19-2018, 07:39 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Leg Damage, mobility and striking power while leg is damaged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
I still think the limp event should be permanent when your leg is one or two KDs away from the end of the fight.

Basically you'd have to switch, go for the hail Mary shot or get it to the ground somehow.

It's basically a survival mode that your not expected to win from, but if you do.. Valhalla awaits!

Look at Stephens v Melendez, Jouban v Saunders, and Barboza v Olivera to name a few.
Towards the ends of those fights the opponent is moving completely differently, their defense is completely compromised and they're purely defensive.

And I can't say I recall any one of those 3 guys even trying to kick off the damaged leg, or worse yet, use it as a support leg for a kick off the other side.
Yea I agree 100% especially with the first sentence and last sentence. It's so sketchy to do so in those type of events. The leg health event like you said should be permanent because no way should a fighter be limping one minute and the next everything is completely fine.
Old 05-19-2018, 08:03 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:

It is extremely unfun for the receiver though and this is a game after all. If anyone played the original Undisputed it was pretty jarring to play when your body damage got so bad that every strike dropped you.

I think the main gripe with leg kicks now is that the opponent can switch his stance and barring the new takedown change it is like nothing ever happened to him. Maybe a permanent debuff to kicks or limiting dashes/lunging strikes? Basically something that makes him feel the impact without completely crippling him and making him hate life.
Old 05-19-2018, 09:41 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
It is extremely unfun for the receiver though and this is a game after all. If anyone played the original Undisputed it was pretty jarring to play when your body damage got so bad that every strike dropped you.

I think the main gripe with leg kicks now is that the opponent can switch his stance and barring the new takedown change it is like nothing ever happened to him. Maybe a permanent debuff to kicks or limiting dashes/lunging strikes? Basically something that makes him feel the impact without completely crippling him and making him hate life.
I get that angle. I'm a sadist for realism so changes like that are fun to my mind. But I totally see where your coming from too.

This is why we need a simulation mode carn-sarn it. So people like me who want a unflinching realism can have it and folks who'd prefer to concede realism to make the experience more fun and game Esq can do that too.

And to save it segregating the online community, make the sim mode offline only a-la UD3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2018, 11:21 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
I get that angle. I'm a sadist for realism so changes like that are fun to my mind. But I totally see where your coming from too.

This is why we need a simulation mode carn-sarn it. So people like me who want a unflinching realism can have it and folks who'd prefer to concede realism to make the experience more fun and game Esq can do that too.

And to save it segregating the online community, make the sim mode offline only a-la UD3.
You could play sim mode in quick match. Should be the same in this game if they do it
Old 05-20-2018, 03:12 AM   #7
Banned

I think the Devs are obsessed with KDs and automatic get-ups. I'd rather see more limping and slow movement in general than those 5-10 KDs due leg kicks (and also punches which is much worse btw). Poorly designed and definitely not how it's working in real life.
Old 05-20-2018, 03:28 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stChrisso
I think the Devs are obsessed with KDs and automatic get-ups. I'd rather see more limping and slow movement in general than those 5-10 KDs due leg kicks (and also punches which is much worse btw). Poorly designed and definitely not how it's working in real life.
Definitely true to a degree.

For example last night in the Macedo v Lee fight: Lee had Macedo down several times, but Macedo didn't get up until the ref stepped in.

You should be able to scoot when on your back (or in seated postion too if added), there is demand for grounded mobility.

There should be no automatic getups, if someone is knocked down they should have the option of remaining down.

Especially since this happens in the earlier stages of knockdowns where you have more of your wit about you still.

This, grounded mobility, and struggle in grappling (TD as a mobile position) etc would do wonders for the grappling in this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »