Home

The need for a Cpu Strike Output Slider

This is a discussion on The need for a Cpu Strike Output Slider within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2018, 02:33 AM   #1
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

I played on hard and the cpu ai was pretty good in terms of aggresiveness and punch output especially the cautious, counter and strategic fighters ( machida, rockhold, stephen thompson, etc) but when you go to pro level...even those fighters turn very aggressive if the user gets into striking range. It completely changes the feel of the game.

Machida becomes a combo master anytime you get near him and his counter and outside striking game disappear. Playing against shogun and rampage, their strike output approaches 100 per round on ACCELERATED game clock.

I said during pre-release that a cpu output slider was needed along with stamina and damage because all those 3 sliders work in unison to be able to create a more realistic ai model for offline gameplay.

Hard is a little too easy for the long haul, and pro is just right for me difficulty wise, but the ai behavior just ruins it. It becomes a game of combos and who can basically crowd the other fighter better. It just doesn’t represent true MMA striking and it’s a shame because this is such an easy fix with a working cpu output slider like how Fight night champion had it.

I created a true to life floyd mayweather....defensive maestro, great footwork and counter galore with proper punch outputs. I along with other users in the past have asked for a strike output slider going back to ea UFC 1 and even when it was by the other developers before EA, but it just can’t get into the game.

From what I’ve heard, online isnt the place for realistic fighting and as it turns out, even custom fight mode does not deliver this experience as well. It really is disappointing because so much good was put into this game.
You could tell the devs really did their homework in the other parts of the game....the game is rich with details and auhenticity.

I really hope gameplayufcdev could really look into adding this strike output slider via patch or if that is not possible, this slider is a must for the next iteration. It really could do wonders for the offline aspect of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2018, 10:32 AM   #2
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: The need for a Cpu Strike Output Slider

I couldnt agree more and I've talked to Skynet about this before. You are experiencing the same thing I have been. Hard is awesome when it comes to pace but the longer I play and the better I get it becomes less of a challenge. Pro is perfect when it comes to challenge but the pace is too fast and the output is too much.
Old 05-21-2018, 10:48 AM   #3
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

OVR: 0

How much does the stamina slider help with this?
Old 05-21-2018, 11:28 AM   #4
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
How much does the stamina slider help with this?
A little but not alot. On pro, the AI prefers longer combos so while a higher stamina slider setting will cause them to recover more, they still will throw longer combos which increases the strike total. Also there are other downsides to increasing the AI's stamina too much.
Old 05-21-2018, 12:04 PM   #5
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
A little but not alot. On pro, the AI prefers longer combos so while a higher stamina slider setting will cause them to recover more, they still will throw longer combos which increases the strike total. Also there are other downsides to increasing the AI's stamina too much.
I see. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2018, 01:33 PM   #6
MVP

I say a tiny prayer every night before bed for AI output slider.

I'm in the exact same place as OP and Aholbert on this one.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:28 PM   #7
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32

Yup penalizing stamina too high will turn the cpu into walking zombies in the 3rd round making them one good combination away from being KO ed even if they had won the first 2 rounds easily.

Now imagine a scenario with a proper strike output slider along with stamina and damage.

You turn the strike output down so that counter fighters like machida throw 30-35 strikes a round and fighting from the outside, in and out and ultimately minimizing chances to attack him. Set Damage effect high and stamina slider down so overstriking will be taxing.

You choose Shogun ( user) vs Machida ( cpu) on pro level.

As shogun, whose stamina rating isnt too high, the first game condition of low stamina slider will force the user to be conservative in strikes because if he throws too many strikes like 60-70 round he will be a dead man walking by late 2nd round early 3rd.

But not only this, a conservative machida will be more defensive and show many fewer holes to attack, this second game mechanism/ condition FORCES the user to strike conservatively as well. Why? If shogun gets reckless, one machida blitz could really put him in trouble because the damage slider is high now yet another game condition/mechanism.

The matches then will look and more importantly feel like a real shogun machida fight where both fighters’ main focus is trying to find the tiniest holes to exploit to cause maximum damage.

There will be more decisions, but in the rare instances that you are able to exploit a cpu mistake or vice versa, the payoff will be big. There is CONSTANT danger from both sides of the fight which can be felt and is tangible and real. THIS is what a shogun/machida fight should feel like. The game mechanics forces a more realistic fight style and you really could then say that styles make fights and no fights can all feel the same. This a good scenario for the simheads. For those who want a more action packed feel....turn your sliders differently. Stamina level higher, lower damage and default strike output. We can have it both ways.

This is achievable because as I mentioned before, FNC accomplished this what 5 years ago? Ea ufc need to give the users the tools to recreate this.

Now imagine a fight with Nate Diaz....less stopping power but good chin and otherworldly stamina. Playing a match using him will feel different because the user will be able to take advantage of his traits and apply it. and throw 70-75 strikes a round which would have crippled shogun but not diaz. Imagine the offline fights with these 3 sliders working together. It really could be awesome. It can be done and it HAS been done....by the same company no less.

Just give us the damn tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by phillyfan23; 05-21-2018 at 11:43 PM.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:39 PM   #8
MVP

More sliders would be appreciated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »