Home

AI's constant pressure is killing my experience

This is a discussion on AI's constant pressure is killing my experience within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2018, 12:56 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
AI's constant pressure is killing my experience

I'm an all offline player, like to run fantasy league. Every fight is basically the same, I have to play matador due to the AI's never ending forward pressure. You simply cannot back them up, they will always stop at the same spot, just past the center of the octagon. They will just stand there inches away and you can hit them multiple times and rarely will they back up from that point.

In the instances where they do back up, they will inevitably hit a perfect counter or push you back. Aside from a small handful of signature ai, they never ever use footwork or distance as defense, which basically sums up my biggest issue with the ai. I would sometimes like to dictate the pace, but it's basically impossible. The ai doesn't ever seem cautious and are far too willing for a fire fight. Not to mention wrestlers shooting an insane amount of takedowns.

I'm getting very bored and frustrated with this game due to this alone. I typically will just get one or two fights in before I'm just tired of it. Devs, please work on the ai aggression, output, tendency to pressure, and make them use more footwork to evadw. It would improve the game tenfold with just these things in my eyes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2018, 05:15 PM   #2
EA Sports UFC Developer

Re: AI's constant pressure is killing my experience

If you play on pro or legendary then the AI's pressure should go down some with the next patch. We played around a bit with how often they throw combos of different lengths, and you will see less 4 and 3 strike combos.

Hard won't be effected, since the AI was already limited to a max combo length of 2.
Old 05-26-2018, 11:32 AM   #3
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

My issue with the AI is their counter to body shots seem uncanny even if I set them up they always seem to rock me every time I go to the body.... forces me to play in a way that’s cheesy, and it really zaps the fun out of the game.... I prefer to play on pro but I think it needs to be tweaked ..counters to body strikes all around.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-26-2018, 12:48 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
If you play on pro or legendary then the AI's pressure should go down some with the next patch. We played around a bit with how often they throw combos of different lengths, and you will see less 4 and 3 strike combos.

Hard won't be effected, since the AI was already limited to a max combo length of 2.
I fully agree on ai being able to counter way too well when you’re trying to land body punches - it’s almost pointless to throw them. Also wish when ai was a guy say Thiago Alves or barbosa ect that they would sometimes be more low kick oriented . I’ve never had ai really hurt my leg or finish me by leg kick ect - basically i just am forced to block my head because all the ai really does is head hunts . Also wish ai would switch stances more when they had a injured leg from low kick damage / devs please fix
Old 05-28-2018, 10:50 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet

Epic stuff dude! This should be a really good change, those two AI's generally throw too much and will gas consistently by round 3.

I love hard as it feels the most realistic, but I often play higher just for the challenge, hopefully this change will let me move up to pro for the "realistic difficulty" kinda setting as well as increased challenge. Can't wait to try it out.

Also, is there any chance of Rockhold and Condors AI getting tweaked? They both still spam specific combos heavily.

For Rockhold its 2-3, naked ? Kicks and 2-lead ? Kick.
Specifically the first two, I generally can't play against his AI as its just too easy to counter or avoid his strikes and make him gas inside round 1.

He also throws a LOT of strikes and rarely transitions from submissive positions. I imagine the strikes are to gain GA, however he rarely utilises it once he has it and will continue throwing strikes instead. He also does this from DOM mount.

As for Condit, he just spams spinning backfists like its an inside joke. Spinning s*** for days haha.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »