Home

EA UFC 3 needs BUFFERING ANY in ANY and during BLOCK - solve spam and delays!

This is a discussion on EA UFC 3 needs BUFFERING ANY in ANY and during BLOCK - solve spam and delays! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2018, 05:32 PM   #9
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC 3 needs BUFFERING ANY in ANY and during BLOCK - solve spam and delays!

I think he means buffering an input while in block stun, not while holding block.

If he is right, it's good news, in a way, because it would mean the punishment inputs could be made easier. I feel like I have to be quite precise, right now, but I don't know if the buffering happens or not. For now, I'm assuming the buffering happens and that wen I miss it's just because my timing was too bad.
Old 05-22-2018, 05:57 PM   #10
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Re: EA UFC 3 needs BUFFERING ANY in ANY and during BLOCK - solve spam and delays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitfistssaipailo
So if I get you right ...if I'm holding block I cue up a strike or any such thing and wait till I want to release block and then boom ? Hope I got it ?

Sent from my Infinix Zero 4 using Operation Sports mobile app
yes. but dont forget about 10 frames window during which your inputs are in buffer after then buffer clears.
so you can not hold forever and still needs timing.

But such buffering allows to solve delays in countering off Block against spammers/aggressive players and solve some online delay problems.
Old 05-22-2018, 06:01 PM   #11
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
I think he means buffering an input while in block stun, not while holding block.

If he is right, it's good news, in a way, because it would mean the punishment inputs could be made easier. I feel like I have to be quite precise, right now, but I don't know if the buffering happens or not. For now, I'm assuming the buffering happens and that wen I miss it's just because my timing was too bad.
I said what i said.

Again:

While holding block.

NOT only during Block stun (this is a state when you blocked opponent's strike but still not in Neutral sate) - but during ALL types of stun also (Hit stun, Block stun, stagger), during your strikes/lunges/sways/taunts animations, etc.

DURING ALL actions you must to be able to buffer your follow up action.

This principle was tested and approved in many years (twenty + years) in one of the most deep and technical fighting games - Virtua Fighter for example. Full buffering was from 1st UFC UD across all its parts too.

There is no one reason to not use it in fight sim like EA UFC 3.

Buffering any in any and while holding Block - will bring only pros w/o any cons in EA UFC 3, it will solve many problems of the game (difficulty to quicklly counter off Block against aggressive spammers for example when you get some frame advantage b/c of blocking his strike but still late).

Last edited by SUGATA; 05-22-2018 at 06:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2018, 06:59 PM   #12
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
I said what i said.

Again:

While holding block.

NOT only during Block stun (this is a state when you blocked opponent's strike but still not in Neutral sate) - but during ALL types of stun also (Hit stun, Block stun, stagger), during your strikes/lunges/sways/taunts animations, etc.

DURING ALL actions you must to be able to buffer your follow up action.

This principle was tested and approved in many years (twenty + years) in one of the most deep and technical fighting games - Virtua Fighter for example. Full buffering was from 1st UFC UD across all its parts too.

There is no one reason to not use it in fight sim like EA UFC 3.

Buffering any in any and while holding Block - will bring only pros w/o any cons in EA UFC 3, it will solve many problems of the game (difficulty to quicklly counter off Block against aggressive spammers for example when you get some frame advantage b/c of blocking his strike but still late).
I don't get what you mean by buffering while holding block. Wouldn't that just result in an elbow or knee?

Last edited by Solid_Altair; 05-22-2018 at 07:40 PM.
Old 05-23-2018, 03:21 AM   #13
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
I don't get what you mean by buffering while holding block. Wouldn't that just result in an elbow or knee?
Why is must results in elbow or knee?

You are holding block , buffering input for ex Sway or Lunge or Strike during last 10 frames before releasing Block , release Block... your buffered command launches immediately automatically by itself.
Old 05-23-2018, 05:08 AM   #14
MVP

But wait wouldn't you have to let to go of the block button to input those strikes or is it like a block once , tap again to release ...to be honest Virtua fighter analogies won't go down well with some of the community . But cool idea nonetheless .

Old 05-23-2018, 07:03 AM   #15
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitfistssaipailo
But wait wouldn't you have to let to go of the block button to input those strikes or is it like a block once , tap again to release ...to be honest Virtua fighter analogies won't go down well with some of the community . But cool idea nonetheless .

i dont understood yr question now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2018, 08:54 AM   #16
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
Why is must results in elbow or knee?

You are holding block , buffering input for ex Sway or Lunge or Strike during last 10 frames before releasing Block , release Block... your buffered command launches immediately automatically by itself.
Because that's the input. Block + Punch = Elbow. The game can't wait to check if you'll release the block in 10 frames.

And Block + Up (or Down) = Denial Inputs. The game can't wait either.

What the game does to help with these fast inputs is letting you let go of the block button a few frames before the strike connects, so you can input (buffer) your next action quicker. This helps a lot with block and slip. But in this case you're buffering the input during the blocking animation (block stun and the part of the animation that happens before contact).

Buffering inputs during the block "stance" just makes no sense, unless I'm missing something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »