Home

EA UFC 3 needs BUFFERING ANY in ANY and during BLOCK - solve spam and delays!

This is a discussion on EA UFC 3 needs BUFFERING ANY in ANY and during BLOCK - solve spam and delays! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2018, 09:31 AM   #17
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC 3 needs BUFFERING ANY in ANY and during BLOCK - solve spam and delays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
Because that's the input. Block + Punch = Elbow. The game can't wait to check if you'll release the block in 10 frames.

And Block + Up (or Down) = Denial Inputs. The game can't wait either.

What the game does to help with these fast inputs is letting you let go of the block button a few frames before the strike connects, so you can input (buffer) your next action quicker. This helps a lot with block and slip. But in this case you're buffering the input during the blocking animation (block stun and the part of the animation that happens before contact).

Buffering inputs during the block "stance" just makes no sense, unless I'm missing something.
Yes, we have Elbow, Knees, Grapple block on R2+face button - and this input immediately cancel Block into this strike. This is OK.
I am talking about other strike types which we could to buffer during Block - Hook, uppercut, L1, R1 strikes which has not input conflicts with Block input.

About buffering def moves like Sway for ex - everyone can go to practice right now if dont belieave me and input Sway during Block, then release Block and his sway Up/BWD will auto launch, but not Right/FWD = buggy.

What do you mean about this "What the game does to help with these fast inputs is letting you let go of the block button a few frames before the strike connects, so you can input (buffer) your next action quicker. This helps a lot with block and slip. But in this case you're buffering the input during the blocking animation (block stun and the part of the animation that happens before contact). "

How long (frames) Block remains active after releasing Block button?
Old 05-23-2018, 09:35 AM   #18
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Re: EA UFC 3 needs BUFFERING ANY in ANY and during BLOCK - solve spam and delays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
Yes, we have Elbow, Knees, Grapple block on R2+face button - and this input immediately cancel Block into this strike. This is OK.
I am talking about other strike types which we could to buffer during Block - Hook, uppercut, L1, R1 strikes which has not input conflicts with Block input.

About buffering def moves like Sway for ex - everyone can go to practice right now if dont belieave me and input Sway during Block, then release Block and his sway Up/BWD will auto launch, but not Right/FWD = buggy.

What do you mean about this "What the game does to help with these fast inputs is letting you let go of the block button a few frames before the strike connects, so you can input (buffer) your next action quicker. This helps a lot with block and slip. But in this case you're buffering the input during the blocking animation (block stun and the part of the animation that happens before contact). "

How long (frames) Block remains active after releasing Block button?
I think it's 4.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:28 AM   #19
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
I think it's 4.
do you know the delay duration (frames) when switching Block level? or this is instant?
Does some things like Fuzzy guard works in EA UFC 3?

Last edited by SUGATA; 05-23-2018 at 11:30 AM.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:58 AM   #20
MVP

Never mind now I understand solid answered it already although indirectly

Sent from my Infinix Zero 4 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-23-2018, 03:13 PM   #21
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
do you know the delay duration (frames) when switching Block level? or this is instant?
Does some things like Fuzzy guard works in EA UFC 3?
I don't know. I thik they've made it faster, at some point, but it's still not instant.

And I don't think there is any practical fuzzy guard.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2018, 03:57 PM   #22
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
I think it's 4.
btw i found my notes in my meta file that dev said about 6 frames (half of Jab startup duration).

I hope GPD will reveal to us the info about :
1) Is switching Block level instant? If not - how many frames is the delay window? and is it an opening (no active Block at all)? this may be useful info for mix ups.

2) Is it possible fo FUZZY GUARD in UFC 3, i.e. quickly switching Block level by tapping? is it some effective?

Last edited by SUGATA; 05-23-2018 at 04:00 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »