Home

Allen vs Burnell

This is a discussion on Allen vs Burnell within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2018, 02:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Allen vs Burnell

Everyone needs to look at this fight that's currently taking place in UFC Liverpool to see how takedowns SHOULD work in this game. This is the perfect fight to showcase how you should be able to set up AUTOMATIC takedowns. It is an element that is sorely missing from this game. The current execution of takedowns makes it too easy for spammers to block.

Devs: Please check out Burnell's takedowns in this fight to see the type of takedown I'm talking about. Wish I could piece together the video clips, it's been beautiful stuff.

Last edited by teezie; 05-27-2018 at 02:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2018, 02:52 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Allen vs Burnell

This fight also had an incredible finish
Old 05-27-2018, 02:57 PM   #3
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by teezie
Everyone needs to look at this fight that's currently taking place in UFC Liverpool to see how takedowns SHOULD work in this game. This is the perfect fight to showcase how you should be able to set up AUTOMATIC takedowns. It is an element that is sorely missing from this game. The current execution of takedowns makes it too easy for spammers to block.

Devs: Please look out the Burnells takedowns in this fight to see the type of takedown I'm talking about. Wish I could piece together the video clips, it's been beautiful stuff.
TJ and Edgar are also good examples of fighters that know how to get auto takedowns. This fight Allen-Burnell fight was nice.

Pressuring forward with hard combos will take you off balance realistically, and make it easier to take that person down, just like how Burnell got his takedowns off Allen pressing forward with hard combos.

Last edited by RomeroXVII; 05-27-2018 at 03:00 PM.
Old 05-27-2018, 02:59 PM   #4
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Take downs are so poorly done. Right now, you biggest window seems to be after you're kicked either or not it connected (as long as you're not hurt of course). Take down timing is so off the mark compared to real life, and it's even stranger sense UFC 2 had more realistic timing for take downs, I don't understand the change.

But yes, having takedowns be more of a threat for aggressive fighters would be great. Also, that was a great sub finish.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-27-2018, 03:49 PM   #5
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Also, this Wonderboy v Till fight is kind of showing how coming forward makes it easy to go into MT clinch too. Till constantly goes for the clinch while making Thompson immediately retreat to avoid staying there. That would also help the nonstop pressure in this game.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2018, 04:17 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
Also, this Wonderboy v Till fight is kind of showing how coming forward makes it easy to go into MT clinch too. Till constantly goes for the clinch while making Thompson immediately retreat to avoid staying there. That would also help the nonstop pressure in this game.

Yes, that was implemented in this fight as well. I actually have no issues with the MT clinch. In its current state it is really effective when dealing with pressure fighters seeing how it's really one of the only tools you have to punish a pressure fighter seeing that you can strike and takedown from the double MT clinch position. But only so many fighters have the default MT clinch where you don't have to bother with an extra transition.
Old 05-27-2018, 04:23 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
Take downs are so poorly done. Right now, you biggest window seems to be after you're kicked either or not it connected (as long as you're not hurt of course). Take down timing is so off the mark compared to real life, and it's even stranger sense UFC 2 had more realistic timing for take downs, I don't understand the change.

But yes, having takedowns be more of a threat for aggressive fighters would be great. Also, that was a great sub finish.

What are you talking about this is kickboxing 1. This is an MMA game... why would you ever want to clinch,takedown or go to the ground? Let me bang bro!

Serious note... the game is absolutely pathetic in its outright favor for strikers. Get your **** together EA!
Old 05-27-2018, 04:53 PM   #8
Rookie

It's so funny to me that you can have someone completely gassed and still not get an auto takedown. I shouldn’t even have to transition if I have the stamina advantage. That needs to be fixed ASAP and should've been implemented by game 3. Still can't believe we're having to ask for that. I really do appreciate the devs and I'm not implying they're not working hard but man, how does something that glaring continue to be missing from the game? This would also automatically solve any and all spacing issues present in the game. Believe me when I say that it deters people from pressuring unrealistically all fight. It gets to a point where they barely wanna move forward at all. I know from playing Undisputed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »