Home

Priority in next patch?

This is a discussion on Priority in next patch? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2018, 03:03 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Priority in next patch?

I have read that the next patch will likely focus on both grappling and striking.

Going by what was the main issue addressed in the previous few patches it was- head movement and then grappling. The majority of compaints around the time were about these issues.

If you look at the front page of this forum it seems the next issue many people want fixed is the stun system (ie FTF, Ragdoll, Health Events, etc).

This could coincide with further improvements to striking and grappling (such as lateral sprint/circle out, grappling entries etc)

Addressing this would be great for the next patch as it is crucial to the both striking and grappling....

______

★ Allow us to follow down during the later stage KDs
★ Ground (FTF) & clinch (punches etc) health events
★ Manual get ups from KD/Manual sprint during FTF
★ Standing TKOs/FTF + Ref interaction
★ Grappling mobility (driving TDs etc)
★ Seated position

Spoiler

Feel free to add any that I have missed that you want in the next patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2018, 03:03 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Priority in next patch?

hopefully they expand upon the wrestling changes they've already made
Old 06-05-2018, 03:13 PM   #3
Pro

I'm actually thinking of making a thread about things that can improve UFC 3 in the long run and FTF and ragdoll KO's is one of them, I'm glad you made this thread man the more attention FTF gets the better.
Old 06-05-2018, 03:19 PM   #4
Rookie

Someone suggested the idea of microtransitions on the ground which I love. I still want more focus on the ground/grappling and takedowns and maybe improvements on FTF. I don't know how possible it would be for us to get real tko's but that would be awesome.

more submissions for every fighter

less gates for certain positions like back mount

every fighter should get stacked guard

I also still want a power modifier for the standup. Either make it L3 or R3 or move haymaker L3 or R3 and make power modifier RB/R1 to keep it in line with the muscle modifier.

Last edited by iverson91; 06-05-2018 at 03:29 PM.
Old 06-05-2018, 03:20 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthhh
I'm actually thinking of making a thread about things that can improve UFC 3 in the long run and FTF and ragdoll KO's is one of them, I'm glad you made this thread man the more attention FTF gets the better.
Definitely go for it.

The more threads on this the better, there's actually a lot more evidence and supporting arguments you can bring up that I did not think of.

For example one thing I forgot to mention was TDs from the cage clinch position like UD3.

But yeah mechanics like FTF have much room for improvment, really happy we maybe finally moving closer to improving it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2018, 03:49 PM   #6
MVP

Clinch, please improve on the clinch
Old 06-05-2018, 04:05 PM   #7
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

IMHO, tuning the qualitative additions of the last patch should be among the priorities of the next one.
Old 06-05-2018, 04:39 PM   #8
Rookie

Great post man. Agree with all points made, all these changes would drastically improve the game.

Top priority for me is to incorporate more tko/ftf scenarios with ref interactions, particularly on the ground as g&p has been horribly lacking for the entire series.

We need rocks, realistic tko's and ref interactions on the ground badly, this ridiculous "everyone goes out clean with ugly unrealistic animations" has gotta go, it's totally unacceptable to keep the same glaringly poor and unrealistic ground striking system for the last 4 years. I can't stand the clean ko's & animations for clean ko's on the ground, i'm in legit disbelief that the devs have just left this as it was in ea ufc 1 and called it good. It's immersion breaking and I avoid finishing fights like that because it's just so unrealistic and ugly to me.

Ground sways off the back to help with defending g&p would be a great addition. The ability to blitz with g&p the way magny finished craig white a couple weeks ago, or change up the speed/rhythm of strikes better whilst delivering ground strikes would also be a big improvement.

Even if instead of a clean ko from ground strikes, it just triggered a ftf tko scenario like the ones that were patched in for the heaviest knockdowns, and the ref stepped in to wave it after a few more shots. It would be a massive improvement in realism. This would make tko's from ground positions like crucifix etc so much more satisfying and realistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »