Home

The “folkstyle meta”

This is a discussion on The “folkstyle meta” within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2018, 06:52 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: The “folkstyle meta”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Grappler
I understand that as a whole, EA UFC 3 makes patience impossible. It’s a huge problem that shows no promise of changing. Patience on the feet is pointless, because no matter how much offensive output you block, you won’t gain a stamina advantage. Patience on the ground is impossible, because ref standups happen within 10 seconds of not advancing. The meta from sprawl is broken for the top fighter - after 2 seconds of waiting, you can no longer transition, and are forced to wait for the ref standup (whoever was in charge of this decision either made a mistake, is naive, or is being manipulated by gamechangers who view patience as stalling and want grappling nerfed).

Shooting takedowns is actually a bad idea for the first time in any MMA game, because of the stamina cost upon missing it, and the lack of scoring for top position. And worst of all, I see language from devs and GCs defending and supporting it. I can see that there’s a deeply ingrained “just bang bro” seeded in the shot callers, wether they realize it or not. I realize all this.

But again, that’s not really the point of this post. The point I’m making is that the folkstyle meta is applicable to MMA games (including EA UFC 3, to some extent), and once you ARE on the ground, this system has its advantages.
i would disagree. The ground requires patience on top or bottom. the person whi isnt patuent may lose a stamina advantage. The key to gaining the stamina advantage standing is a drip of patience you dont want to block strikes you want to make your opponent whiff.

Takedowns are not easy, but one food thing about the patch is that gnp is now a solid path to a finish
Old 06-05-2018, 11:53 PM   #10
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeba1000
Have you ever won a decision from having dominant position in ea ufc 3? I haven't . All that matters is significant strikes
The unified rules prioritize damage done to opponent over all else.

Frankly that’s as it should be, IMO.

How else should a fight really be judged??
Old 06-06-2018, 12:04 AM   #11
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Punch

Then maybe the punches should deal more damage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2018, 02:02 AM   #12
Rookie

Fakes should be balanced at least. It's funny saying that as if it's a real mechanic because I don't even think were even intended to be a part of the gameplay in the first place. You'd think if they were then they would work on the AI and it would at least be balanced so that faking would at least give a smaller window for denying while doing it.
Old 06-06-2018, 06:02 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
Then maybe the punches should deal more damage.
Dude ...where have you been ?

Was wondering if you were ok .

Sent from my Infinix Zero 4 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-06-2018, 12:55 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Punch

True, but it's too cut and dry in this game. In real life, getting dropped will score more than 4 minutes of ground control, sure. But in real life, a fighter just getting rocked in a round that a they dominated with ground control will not cost that fighter the round in the majority of cases. In this game sometimes literally one good punch will cost you a round, unless you did a lot of damage with side control/crucifix elbows or postured up GnP. Actually now back mount GnP can be pretty killer too. But even with that sometimes getting rocked once standing and u will lose.

Last edited by burningxspirit; 06-06-2018 at 01:01 PM.
Old 06-06-2018, 02:05 PM   #15
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by burningxspirit
in real life, a fighter just getting rocked in a round that a they dominated with ground control will not cost that fighter the round
Does anyone have the score for the Barboza X Lee round where Lee did the chicken dance? I'm genuinly curious.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2018, 02:29 PM   #16
Banned

Zeta Reticulan1's Arena

This needs to be the meta more so actually, because right now the game is tuned for kids who just want to bang with McGregor.

Make the clinch easier to enter and harder to escape and we'll be making this folkstyle meta more of a possibility which is great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »