Home

Takedown Reversals are stupid

This is a discussion on Takedown Reversals are stupid within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2018, 04:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Takedown Reversals are stupid

At least in their current form, it's ridiculous how easy it is to deny these takedowns with submission/position reversals. Anyone who gets good at this can deny takedowns with it at an extremely high percentage, and the penalty for this is pretty huge.

It's so frustrating how easy it is to deny a clinch, and at the same time soooo easy to reverse takedowns and deny them.

0:38 and 1:58 ( disgusting ) and 2:44

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwUxZPiEOQY
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2018, 05:45 PM   #2
Banned

Zeta Reticulan1's Arena

Re: Takedown Reversals are stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc60
At least in their current form, it's ridiculous how easy it is to deny these takedowns with submission/position reversals. Anyone who gets good at this can deny takedowns with it at an extremely high percentage, and the penalty for this is pretty huge.

It's so frustrating how easy it is to deny a clinch, and at the same time soooo easy to reverse takedowns and deny them.

But if they changed that then they couldn't sell a million copies to kids that just want to bang with McGregor!
Old 06-06-2018, 12:23 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc60

Wow the one at 1:58 is insane indeed. I think this is the same issue as with the auto double under takedown reversals
Old 06-06-2018, 01:31 PM   #4
Rookie

I think this highlights a problem with the stand up game: basic passive defense is a little too difficult and advanced counter defense is too easy.

Another example of this is body kick catches. It is very difficult (nearly impossible) to reactively block grounded body kicks, but there's very little seperating the basic block from a catch. If you try to block you often accidentally catch instead.

At least the takedown reversals have a deliberate input. But I agree: they are too easy. Ultimately takedowns need to be treated totally different than they currently are. The entry should be treated more like a transition similar to a clinch entry and the finish as the actual takedown.
Old 06-20-2018, 03:53 PM   #5
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

The reason takedowns are so easy to reverse is because it takes waaaaaayyyyyy to long for the meter to fill up in my opinion regardless of stamina
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2018, 11:50 PM   #6
MVP

I play with the AI transition speed either turned up +4 +5 +6 or +8 depending on the calibre of groundfighter I'm facing.

And on ALL of those I can hit the reversal to double under more reliably than sprawl.
I can input sprawl, miss it and still input and get double under. It's kinda nuts.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:12 AM   #7
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
I play with the AI transition speed either turned up +4 +5 +6 or +8 depending on the calibre of groundfighter I'm facing.

And on ALL of those I can hit the reversal to double under more reliably than sprawl.
I can input sprawl, miss it and still input and get double under. It's kinda nuts.
Really? I gotta try that out.
Old 06-21-2018, 02:05 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlyJudoka
I think this highlights a problem with the stand up game: basic passive defense is a little too difficult and advanced counter defense is too easy.

Another example of this is body kick catches. It is very difficult (nearly impossible) to reactively block grounded body kicks, but there's very little seperating the basic block from a catch. If you try to block you often accidentally catch instead.

At least the takedown reversals have a deliberate input. But I agree: they are too easy. Ultimately takedowns need to be treated totally different than they currently are. The entry should be treated more like a transition similar to a clinch entry and the finish as the actual takedown.
Sure would be nice to have ufc 2 lunges or a circle out animation and no fixed straight line camera

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »