Home

Simulation Mode?

This is a discussion on Simulation Mode? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2018, 09:08 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Simulation Mode?

This game needs one imo lol. So many players who like to play in a sim fashion can't because the game has to still be "fun". Truly not complaining but i see nothing fun about throwing a bunch of strikes, minimally losing stamina and then QUICKLY regaining stamina just to do it all again. Stamina should be drained significantly if this happens. Also too many fights feel like brawls and super fast paced. Let alone on a accelerated time clock in ranked. A sim mode with real time clock for hardcores would be a great addition. Stamina would be realistic and you have to watch how aggressive you are if not your stamina drains quick. Again i know it wouldn't be "fun" for some but this really needs to go that direction but it feels like i'm beating a dead horse when talking about this.

Last edited by GamingPractitioner; 06-09-2018 at 09:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2018, 01:32 PM   #2
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Simulation Mode?

I've suggested a similar mode for a while now. I'm hoping it will happen for online players but I'm not overly optimistic for a number of reasons:

1) Splitting the user base: People here constantly complain about the online numbers and not being able to find a fight. There are currently 7k people playing online on PS4. Lets say 40% of those people like the sim mode on ranked and want to play that. That leaves only 4k to chose from on regular ranked.

2) EA's approach is typically to try to find a middle ground that makes everyone happy. The only EA game that has been willing to split its user base in this way is Madden and they did a half *** job with that last year (at times they even removed things from sim mode to accommodate the other modes).

Another example is FIFA has needed a sim mode with realistic fouls since it add sliders over a decade ago.
Old 06-09-2018, 02:14 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I've suggested a similar mode for a while now. I'm hoping it will happen for online players but I'm not overly optimistic for a number of reasons:

1) Splitting the user base: People here constantly complain about the online numbers and not being able to find a fight. There are currently 7k people playing online on PS4. Lets say 40% of those people like the sim mode on ranked and want to play that. That leaves only 4k to chose from on regular ranked.

2) EA's approach is typically to try to find a middle ground that makes everyone happy. The only EA game that has been willing to split its user base in this way is Madden and they did a half *** job with that last year (at times they even removed things from sim mode to accommodate the other modes).

Another example is FIFA has needed a sim mode with realistic fouls since it add sliders over a decade ago.
Plus high level players again saying they dont want it.
Old 06-09-2018, 02:35 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay
I'd rather they found a middle ground in between what it's like now and a complete sim. A full on sim would be boring but right now I think it's a bit too far away. Somewhere in the middle would be fine I think. Idk what everybody else thinks of that.
Old 06-09-2018, 04:11 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32

Yeah that makes alot of sense but it just sort of sucks overall we still don't have one. Especially for someone like me who wants a full on sim. I personally would like to see them take the sim route and cater more to the hardcore fans than the casuals who barely care about the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2018, 04:17 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay
Of course they would say that lol. Most of their overly aggressive playstyle is what makes them so called "good" at the game because the game mostly helps contribute to that style imo.

P.S. That last sentence is excluding the true high level players who approach the game with a simulated/realistic mindset.
Old 06-09-2018, 06:56 PM   #7
Rookie

hahaha a sim mode huh the whole game is a sim. the reason why fortnite is more popular than pubg is because fortnite is fun and pubg is a sim. game devs need to understand in order for there game to succeed is by making it fun . whats so fun about beating someone up for 3-4 min then they land a lucky hook and win hahaha i havent visited this fourm in a while but i had to reply to this thread. lol "sim mode"
Old 06-09-2018, 07:30 PM   #8
Rookie

ok........

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »